12 Home Remedies for Nausea
If the cause of nausea is from morning sickness due to pregnancy, please don’t try any of these home remedies until your doctor okays it.
Consult a doctor if the cause is unknown and the condition persists for more than a couple days.
If you’re in physical pain and vomiting, or know of a recent head injury (even the seemingly silly bad bumps), seek professional medical care.
- Ginger: Cookies (snaps), candied, or 1/2 tsp powder mixed in glass of water, sip
- Teas: Peppermint, Chamomile, Lemon, Raspberry, Cinnamon. Can also try a brew made with fresh ginger and lemon juice or a few cloves steeped in hot water
- Tummy Munchies: Saltines, Digestive biscuits, Animal crackers, Melba toast, Graham squares, Cheerios (without the milk)
- Sodas: Flat 7-Up, Coca-Cola, Ginger Ale or try Cola Syrup
- Sucking on hard candy (like peppermints, lifesavers, sour candy)
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar plus 1 TBS honey mixed in 1 cup of water, sip. Can be hot or cold drink, whichever you prefer
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda in glass of warm water (*a no-no if you’re pregnant)
- Sip dill pickle juice
- Fresh lime or lemon squeezed in glass of water, sprinkle a little salt on top, sip
- 1 tsp cumin seeds mixed in a glass of milk, or a glob of yogurt, or eat the seeds plain
- Suck on popsicles, ice chips, ice cubes
- Suck on a wedge of lemon or lime