11 Ways To Reuse Newspaper Around The House
- Use sheets of newspaper to wash your windows, glass table tops and mirrors. Just spray on window cleaner then wipe clean with a sheet of newspaper.
- Use in messy cleanup jobs like cleaning the oven, use sheets of crumpled newspaper to wipe up most of the gunk before wiping down with a soapy wet sponge.
- Pack newspapers in damp or smelly luggage, stinky plastic containers or smelly fridge to absorb odors. Great to do when packing away camping coolers for the winter, stuff them with newspapers so they won’t stink in the Spring.
- Roll newspaper tight and use as firestarters.
- Use to wrap parcels and gifts, the cartoon section is popular with the kiddos.
- Pack unripened fruit with newspaper to help them ripen quicker.
- Painting jobs: lay newspapers on the floor to catch paint splatters, wet sheets of paper and stick on windows when painting window trim, no more splatters on window glass to wipe up.
- Line trash cans, use newspapers to line worm bins, line the bottom of a cat litter tray before adding cat litter, makes cleanup easier. Also use to line pet cages.
- Lay sheets of newspapers in garden beds about 1/4″ inch thick before covering with wood chips, mulch or decorative rocks, will help prevent weed growth. Make sure to thoroughly moisten the newspaper before covering with the mulch so they stay in place.
- Make garden seed starting pots, see: How To Make Seed Starting Pots From Newspaper.
- Cook fish on a campfire (found at bottom of page).
See also 20 Things You Can Use Twice Before Tossing.