20 Things You Can Use Twice Before Tossing
Posted By Tipnut On April 12, 2011 @ 12:27 pm In Frugal Living | 157 Comments
Here’s a previously published list of ideas that has collected lots of tips from readers over time, did we miss any? Please add yours!
- Dry Cleaning Bags: Use to pack suits, dresses and fine clothing when traveling, this will help protect it from wrinkles when packing. When storing the bags make sure to keep them safely out of reach of children, they really are that dangerous.
- Butter Wrappers: Once you’ve removed a block of butter from its wrapping, place the wrapping in a plastic container or bag and refrigerate. Use it to grease baking pans.
- Business Cards: Use the other side to label storage boxes and tubs and tape to the outside of the lid or side so you can see at a glance what the container is holding.
- Used Envelopes: Cut a corner off envelopes and use as bookmark corner sleeves–just slide one over the page you are at and you’ll find your place easily the next time you pick up the book. No more folded corners and nice way to utilize used envelopes! You can also use envelopes for To Do lists, store garden seeds, and as bookmarks and labels.
- Cardboard Egg Cartons: You can use these to make homemade firestarters .
- Tissue Boxes: Once they’re empty you can use these as a plastic bag dispenser , just fill with grocery bags and you’ll be able to neatly pull out one at a time.
- Plastic Grocery Bags: Use as garbage pail liners, paint tray covers , packing material.
- Plastic Bread Clips: Save a few of the square plastic clips that keep bread bags closed to use as tiny scrapers. They come in handy to remove labels, price tags, and even do a good job scratching lottery tickets.
- Newspaper: Line kitty litter boxes  for easy cleanup (top with kitty litter), protect work surfaces from crafts & interior paint jobs, giftwrap, use as packing material when moving or shipping.
- Plastic Strawberry Baskets: Use as a homemade bubble machine , hold small packets in the pantry.
- Cleaner Spray Bottles: Clean thoroughly and use to hold your homemade cleaners , use to spray plants…very important to clean thoroughly first.
- Mesh From Veggie Bags: If you buy veggies that are bagged in nylon mesh, you can use that mesh for various cleaning jobs around the house and yard. Just wad up the bag and use it as a scrubber.
- Styrofoam Food Trays: Clean thoroughly, wrap in foil then use as trays for giving gifts of baking.
- Pantyhose: Use in the garden to tie plants to stakes, make shower spa bags  plus there are 20 ideas found here .
- Paper Towel Cardboard Rolls: Use to wrap extension cords, Christmas lights (keep untangled).
- Citrus Peels: Use to make your own homemade citrus cleaners , candy peels to use in baking  or freeze the peels to use for zest in recipes as needed, Save your peels from citrus fruits like lemons and oranges. You can toss them in the fire place when you have a fire going to give the room a nice, fresh smell.
- Packing Foam Peanuts: Save them and reuse when packing breakables, storing Christmas decorations or sending gifts in the mail
- Brown Paper Bags: Once used, twist into small rolls and use as fire starters.
- Laundry Bottle Caps & Scoops: Wash thoroughly and use as sandbox, pool, bathtub toys or pet food scoopers (for dried food).
- Cereal Liner Bags: Clean and use for stacking meat patties before freezing, store bread crusts, cover food in the microwave.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/20-things-you-can-use-twice-before-tossing/
URLs in this post:
 make homemade firestarters: http://tipnut.com/camping-treats/
 plastic bag dispenser: http://tipnut.com/grocery-bag-holders/
 paint tray covers: http://tipnut.com/household-quick-tips/
 Line kitty litter boxes: http://tipnut.com/how-to-clean-a-cat-litter-box/
 homemade bubble machine: http://www.parenthacks.com/2007/05/strawberry_bask.html
 homemade cleaners: http://tipnut.com/category/cleaning/cleaning-recipes/
 make shower spa bags: http://tipnut.com/homemade-herbal-bath-bag-recipes/
 20 ideas found here: http://tipnut.com/quick-household-tips/
 homemade citrus cleaners: http://tipnut.com/infused-vinegar/
 candy peels to use in baking: http://tipnut.com/using-lemons/
Click here to print.