This list of pincushions is one you’ll want to bookmark since I add to it regularly…some have been featured previously on Tipnut and moved here to keep all the projects in one handy place. Below you’ll find over 50 tutorials listed and because there are so many, I’ve organized another project sheet with more ideas (including knit and crochet versions) so things are tidy (all free). You’ll find them listed here  (which currently lists another 50+ tutorials)
Hanging : Padded block with a handy fabric strap for hanging. Free pdf download.
Country Mouse : Made with fabric, felt and stuffing.
Sweetheart : Made with fabric scraps, Iron on adhesive, stuffing. Free template download available.
Strawberry : Pattern tutorial makes two. Free pattern sheet download.
Cute Minis : These cute cushions are as decorative as they are practical.
Tin Can : Clever craft made from a cleaned tin can.
Basket : Sweet little project made with a small basket, a scrap of fabric and stuffing.
Pear-Shaped Cushion : Includes free template.
Thumb : This is made to fit around your thumb, how convenient!
Half Doll : Learn how to make these vintage-inspired beauties.
Amish Puzzle Ball : Neat! Made by sewing stuffed fabric wedges together.
Ring : Sew a small round pincushion made with a scrap of fabric and stuffing then attach to a ring with a plate.
African Violet : Sweet little design based on a favorite household plant.
Mouse : Sweet little critter made with scraps of cotton fabric. Pattern template provided (image file).
These clever designs will hold a pincushion in place on your wrist, keeping your hands free and pins close by when doing needlework or sewing.
Crazy Quilted : Made with scrap quilting cotton or muslin and home decor fabric. Velcro closure.
Zakka : Made with a scrap of linen, eyelet cotton, printed cotton, tan wool felt, and plastic cut from a milk carton. Velcro tab closure. Free pdf tutorial available.
Fabric Scrap : Simple to sew, it’s made from one fabric scrap, some filling and velcro. Easy!
Embroidered Ribbon : Made with a strip of pretty embroidered ribbon, embroidery floss, cardboard, elastic and stuffing.
Charming Flower : The bracelet is made with a strip of elastic and lace. Very frilly!
Wrist Version Pincushion : Clever little craft using a plastic beverage cap, hairband elastic, polyfill stuffing and a scrap of fabric.
Sunny : Brighten your day with this cutie, made with scraps of felt, plastic gatorade cap and a bit of stuffing. Fastens to wrist with an elastic hair band.
Teacup & Saucer
*First published November 27, 2006 and moved to this page for better organization
Forever lost but now found on the web archive: Teacup & Saucer 
Teacup & Saucer
3 inch Styrofoam ball
1/4 yard lilac & white cotton gingham fabric
1 yard of 1′ satin wired ribbon
(20) 3′ long steel pins
- Cover foam ball with fabric
- Pin fabric to foam on the underside
- Generously glue pinned side of ball and place into teacup
- Pinch pleated ribbon until it fits around teacup ball. Tuck in ends
- Dip steel pins into glue and pin ribbon ruffle to ball
- Dab glue onto pastel buttons and place on the inside of ruffle, covering pins
- Cut back off remainder of buttons and place as pictured onto the cup, saucer and fabric
This pin cushion can be made in a short time from a few small pieces of felt.
The model is red and black with a green shamrock; however, other combinations can be used.
- Cut 2 circles from black felt for top and bottom, the shamrock and the side piece from green.
- Applique the shamrock to top section.
- Sew a red button in center of shamrock.
- Cut a strip of felt 1 x 8 3/4 inches for side, sew one edge of side section to top circle, the other edge to bottom circle.
- Cut a circle of cardboard slightly smaller than the bottom section and place in bottom of cushion, stuff with cotton or kapok.
Source: The Workbasket (1952)