16 Tasty Ways To Make Broccoli Salad
Posted By Tipnut On March 14, 2011 @ 7:21 am In Recipes | 1 Comment
Broccoli makes a nice salad that’s hard to tire of since there are so many different ways you can make it. Try mixing florets with assorted fruits, vegetables, nuts, a bit of cheese and top with a creamy homemade dressing or vinaigrette. Depending on the recipe, it can marinate several hours before serving so it’s a nice make-ahead dish that’s almost always quick and easy to prepare. This is typically prepared with raw broccoli florets but some versions have it blanched or fully cooked first (most of the recipes below use it raw) and it’s a welcome treat both on the holiday table and on the picnic table (great choice for potlucks too).
Today’s Recipe Hit List features a nice assortment that I’ve handpicked from around the ‘net, some nice and light with added fruits and seeds, others feature a creamy dressing or crumbled bits of crispy bacon that’s sure to please.
- Pomegranate & Citrus : (as seen in picture) Ingredients include mayonnaise or salad dressing, orange juice, sugar, salt, pepper, peeled orange chunks, pomegranate seeds or sweetened dried cranberries, salted sunflower nuts and sliced red onion. From Pillsbury.
- With Creamy Dressing : Ingredients include seedless green grapes (halved), chopped celery, raisins, salted sunflower seed kernels, light mayonnaise, plain fat-free yogurt, sugar and white vinegar. From My Recipes.
- With Feta : Ingredients include crumbled feta cheese, nonfat plain yogurt, lemon juice, minced garlic, freshly ground pepper, canned chickpeas, chopped red bell pepper. From Eating Well.
- With Feta, Olive-Oil-Fried Almonds & Currants : Ingredients include dried currants, clove garlic, Kosher salt, red wine vinegar, cayenne, extra-virgin olive oil, slivered almonds, crumbled feta, chopped fresh cilantro (optional). From Fine Cooking.
- Garlicky Sesame-Cured : Ingredients include red wine vinegar, Kosher salt, extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic cloves, cumin seeds, roasted sesame oil, crushed red pepper flakes. From The New York Times.
- With Bacon, Cashews & More : Ingredients include diced red onion, fried & crumbled bacon, chopped cashews, dried cranberries, mayonnaise (or halved with plain yogurt), sugar and vinegar. From Use Real Butter.
- Marinated With Cherry Tomatoes : Ingredients include halved cherry tomatoes, crumbled cheese, sliced red onions, sunflower kernels, poppy seeds, Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing, sugar, Dijon mustard. From Kraft Recipes.
- Quick & Easy : Ingredients include rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, crushed red pepper flakes (optional). From Tea & Cookies.
- Sunny : Ingredients include mayonnaise (can use reduced-fat mayonnaise or salad dressing), chopped onion, raisins, sugar, vinegar, sunflower seeds, crumbled bacon. From Midwest Living.
- Holiday Version : Ingredients include dried cranberries, canned water chestnuts (finely chopped), diced red onion, crispy, crumbled bacon, salted sunflower seeds, mayonnaise, plain Greek yogurt, cider vinegar, sugar, pinch of salt. From Belle of the Kitchen.
- With Pine Nuts & Pasta : Ingredients include wholewheat bowtie pasta, extra-virgin olive oil, minced garlic, chopped red peppers, chopped grape tomatoes, fresh lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, toasted pine nuts, chopped fresh parsley, salt & pepper. From Eat Me, Delicious.
- Crunch : Ingredients include fresh broccoli, chopped Romaine lettuce, crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, chopped apple, golden raisins, chopped walnuts. Dressing ingredients: good balsamic vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, orange champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt & pepper. From Eliza Domestica.
- With Spelt : Ingredients include cooked spelt, chopped green onions, grape tomatoes (optional). Dressing ingredients include avocado, orange juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasonings. From Daily Diner.
- Chilled : Ingredients include broccoli florets, shredded carrots, diced sweet or red onion, bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend, non-fat unflavored yogurt, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, powdered Stevia extract. From GreenLiteBites.
- With Cranberries : Ingredients include chopped fresh cranberries, sugar, broccoli florets, coleslaw mix, chopped walnuts, raisins, finely chopped onion, crispy bacon. Dressing ingredients include light mayonnaise, sugar and white wine vinegar. From Sweetnicks.
- Jamie Oliver’s Recipe : Ingredients include bacon, olive oil, red tomatoes, fresh chives. Dressing ingredients include grated fresh garlic, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, white whine vinegar, sea salt and black pepper. From Jamie Oliver.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/broccoli-salad/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/pomegranate-and-citrus-broccoli-salad/3b373d04-c3e4-4395-84cc-fdfc38ea2b4a/
 With Creamy Dressing: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/broccoli-salad-10000000577261/
 With Feta: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/broccoli_salad_with_creamy_feta_dressing.html
 With Feta, Olive-Oil-Fried Almonds & Currants: http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/broccoli_salad_feta_almonds_currants.aspx
 Garlicky Sesame-Cured: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/20/dining/201arex.html?_r=2
 With Bacon, Cashews & More: http://userealbutter.com/2009/02/22/broccoli-salad-recipe/
 Marinated With Cherry Tomatoes: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/marinated-broccoli-tomato-salad-107794.aspx
 Quick & Easy: http://www.teaandcookiesblog.com/2009/08/the-best-broccoli-in-the-market.html
 Sunny: http://www.midwestliving.com/recipe/vegetables/sunny-broccoli-salad/
 Holiday Version: http://belleofthekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/11/wheres-turkey-chuckholiday-broccoli.html
 With Pine Nuts & Pasta: http://www.eatmedelicious.com/2007/08/broccoli-pine-nut-pasta-salad.html
 Crunch: http://www.elizadomestica.com/recipes/salad-recipes/broccoli-crunch-salad-recipe
 With Spelt: http://www.mydailydiner.com/2010/04/spelt-and-broccoli-salad-w-avocado.html
 Chilled: http://greenlitebites.com/2008/09/15/chilled-broccoli-salad/
 With Cranberries: http://sweetnicks.com/weblog/2009/12/cranberry-broccoli-salad-3/
 Jamie Oliver’s Recipe: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/salad-recipes/broccoli-salad
Click here to print.