16 Tasty Casseroles
Here’s the latest batch of casserole recipes that I’ve been collecting (can you ever have enough casserole recipes?). You’ll find the first list here.
*Note: Descriptions below are quotes from the sources
- Alfredo Chicken ‘n’ Biscuits: (As seen in pic above) Chock-full of veggies and topped off with golden-brown biscuits and Alfredo sauce, this casserole will warm you through. Recipe from Taste Of Home.
- Tuna Casserole…Revised and Healthified: Essentially, by making some simple substitutions and a couple minor additions, I made radical changes to the nutritional values of the dish. I reduced the total calories from 471 to 247 per serving. I also reduced the total fat by 70%, the saturated fat by 78%, the cholesterol by 65% and the sodium by 70%. I also was able to increase the potassium (which helps lower risk of stroke by lowering blood pressure), and increase magnesium which aids in the absorption of calcium and strengthens bones and teeth as well. I increased the Vitamin C in the dish which is an important antioxidant, and the Vitamin A which aids the immune system and helps improve eye health. Recipe found at Converging Cuisine.
- Tater Tot(-less) Hot Dish: I made a faux cream of [fill-in-the-blank] soup by thickening up some chicken stock with some flour and milk. I also went heavy on the vegetables (leeks and celery) and, for punch and fragrance, I added a pinch of celery seed and herbs de Provence. And I roasted tiny cubes of russet potatoes to stand in for the the tater tots. Yes, I’d say I put my stamp on the Tater Tot Hot Dish. How Minnesotan of me. Recipe from The Kitchen Sink Recipes.
- Chicken Divine – Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole Recipe: A cheesy and delicious chicken recipe that will always be a favorite for family or friends. Serving this with rice and perhaps a soup would make a perfect lunch or dinner for everyone to enjoy. This recipe is for the serving of 6, great for family or friends gathering. Recipe from Simply Craving.
- Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole: Cheesy sauce, yellow saffron rice, tender chicken and broccoli, this casserole spells comfort food with a capital “C” for me. Recipe from Southern Plate.
- Seven Layer Taco Casserole: Here’s a fun meal that can be made in a snap! It is very affordable and super tasty. What a cheap and easy weeknight meal! There are only a few things that I will buy in a can: refried beans, tomato paste and sauce, and tuna fish. Everything else I make from scratch. For this recipe you will need a 16 oz. can of refried beans. Buy whichever brand you like. Recipe from The Frugal Chef.
- Mexican Chicken Fajita Casserole: I tweak it a little by adding corn kernals to it and also a bit of salsa to the tomato mix. It is very easy to make, looks really impressive, smells wonderful while it is cooking. Your guests will think you went to a whole lot of bother for them and you don’t have to tell them otherwise!! Recipe found at Dew Drops.
- Freezer Meals: Chicken Divan: I would consider all of these excellent frugal and nutritious meals! We have used these many times over for freezer cooking! Recipe from Passionate Homemaking.
- Reuben Casserole Recipe: If you like traditional Reuben sandwiches, you’re going to love this variation. Recipe found at Brenda’s Barbecue Delights.
- Recipe – Chilean Corn Casserole: A traditional Chilean dish, this “Pastél de Choclo” is a family favourite. Here is my mother’s vegetarian version, which omits the usual beef and chicken. Make lots, you’ll want seconds! Recipe found at Fran’s House Of Ayurveda.
- Crab Dip Casserole: In our family, we have a fantastic crab dip recipe. I was trying to figure out a way to convert it into a casserole, and came up with this variation. YUM. Recipe found at To Meat Or Not To Meat.
- Italian Sausage & Spinach Casserole: Recipe from Better Homes And Gardens.
- Corn & Black Bean Casserole: Super easy, but tastes more complicated! An easy one-dish meal that has endless adaptations. Recipe from GFCF What’s Cooking.
- Cheeseburger Casserole: Recipe from Cooking With Chef Kelly.
- Italian Biscuit Topped Casserole: This week’s recipe is from an old Pampered Chef Recipe book that I have. It’s quick and easy and generally enjoyed by kids and adults. It’s a great way to cook your spaghetti and bread all at one time in the same pan. Recipe found at Stampin “GH” Mom.
- Hamburger Noodle Casserole: I am always on the look out for new healthy, low fat recipes. So when I saw the Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook at the grocery store, I had to get it…It was very tasty and filling. The recipe reminds me of a taco casserole recipe I have read on several other blogs. Recipe found at Kristin’s Kitchen.