This impressive Italian-style meal cooks in minutes, is easy to prepare and on the table quickly.
Just a few staple ingredients are required such as chicken breasts, tomato or marinara sauce and grated Parmesan or shredded mozzarella cheese…so how many variations can there possibly be? Several!
Today’s Recipe Hit List looks at a variety of ways to whip up this tasty dish. I’ve handpicked recipes from around the ‘net giving a nice mix of basic versions, some quicker cooking options and lighter-versions too…Enjoy!
*Ingredients mentioned below are a summary only, not a complete list
- Stovetop : Extra virgin olive oil, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped basil, sliced shallots, boneless, skinless breast cutlets. [Whole Foods Market].
- Quick : Stovetop. [Sarah’s Cucina Bella].
- Light : The secret’s in the breading: Only one side of the poultry has it; plus, whole-wheat bread subs in for white, and an egg white replaces a whole one. Flour, egg white, part-skim mozzarella, minced garlic. [Martha Stewart].
- Parmigiana : Pan-fried and finished in the oven. [Williams-Sonoma].
- With Homemade Sauce : Made with diced or crushed tomatoes, a small onion, dried Italian herb mix and more. [Nook & Pantry].
- Done Ahead : Uses pre-cooked breasts that you top with standard items then place under the broiler for a few minutes . [Dani Spies].
- Lighter Option : (Oven). Panko, flour, garlic powder, egg whites, part-skim mozza and fresh basil. [Barbara Bakes].
- Skillet : Unbreaded. Italian style tomato or marinara sauce. [Sweetnicks].
- Easy Bake (Video) : The secret to keeping the crispy/crunchy topping is not breading but croutons. [Food Wishes].