Chicken Salads To Lunch With
Chicken salad packed in a crusty bun, croissant or pita is one of my favorite meals for lunch, there are so many different ways you can make it that it never tires.
This week’s Hit List is a hand-picked collection of recipes I’ve found around the net…some are simple and basic while others have you toss in tasty twists you can’t wait to try. All are perfect for using up leftover chicken without feeling like you’re settling for leftovers .
- Curried: Ingredients include iceberg lettuce, carrot, mayo, yogurt, mustard, curry, garlic and onion powders, sweet apple, spring onion, cheese, flat-leaf parsley. From Kayotic Kitchen.
- Classic: Makes 3 to 4 servings, ingredients include a pear, diced celery, finely chopped scallions, fresh parsley, mayo, plain yogurt, whole grain mustard, vinegar or lemon juice and red pepper flakes to taste. From The Lay Gastronomer.
- Tarragon with Pecans & Cranberries: Made with celery, shallot, tarragon, dried cranberries, toasted pecan halves, Kosher salt, mayo and tarragon vinegar. From The Parsley Thief.
- Veronique: Ingredients include olive oil, good mayonnaise, fresh tarragon leaves, celery and green grapes (cut in half). Found at Cathie Cooks Food.
- With Dill and Yogurt: Made with minced onion, garlic cloves, butter, water, white wine, yogurt, mayo, shallots, dill. From The Kitchn.
- With Pecans & Apple: Ingredients include a chopped Granny Smith apple, pecans and may. From Sugar Cooking.
- Chipotle Style: Made with sliced celery, chipotle in adobo (minced), light mayo, agave syrup, cilantro leaves, bibb lettuce and lime. From My Kitchen Addiction.
- With Pineapple: Made with matchstick cut carrots, light mayo, green onions, celery, low-fat yogurt (plain), Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and a can of drained pineapple tidbits. From Annie’s Eats.
- “Jerk” style & Nectarines/Basil: (2 different recipes) Makes about 3 cups, ingredients include a knob of fresh ginger (grated), orange juice, minced garlic, juice of limes, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, dried thyme, dark brown sugar, salt and black pepper, scotch bonnet pepper (seeds removed), mayo, yellow bell pepper, celery rib, scallions. From Not Eating Out In NY.
Bonus: Treasure Found: Granny Jordan’s Chicken Casserole / Salad From Southern Plate.