18 Tasty Chili Con Carne Recipes
Nothing better than enjoying a bowl of piping hot chili con carne that’s full of flavor and simmered slowly all day long (especially when it’s cold outside!).
This week’s Hit List features a variety of recipes to try: beef, chicken, turkey, white, crockpot, vegetarian. Lots here, enjoy!
Ideas for toppings & sides: Shredded cheese, sliced green onions, tortilla chips, sour cream, corn bread, finely chopped cilantro, diced hot peppers for an extra kick.
*Ingredients listed below are a sample only and not a complete list
- Cincinnati: A blend of cinnamon, hot pepper, cumin, and, yes, chocolate. It’s not a gimmick or a mole-wannabe, this is rich treat all its own. [The Kitchn].
- Mom’s: (white) Flavourful, spicy, creamy and comforting. And, no tomatoes! [Kitchen Simplicity].
- Christy’s (Crock Pot): A tweaked copycat version of Wendy’s and simmered slowly all day in the crockpot. [Southern Plate].
- Meaty Three-Bean: Freezes well, has Italian sausage links (cut into 1/2″ chunks), ground beef, green pepper, broth, Worcestershire, bacon strips. [Taste Of Home].
- Family’s Favorite: Has a bottle of beer thrown in, as well as Tabasco, ketchup. [Sunshine Mom].
- Classic: Uses ground turkey and has an interesting blend of herbs and spices. [Land O' Lakes].
- Turkey and White Bean: Cumin-scented and is healthy and ready in a hurry! Serve with store-bought or homemade corn bread and a leafy salad. [Delish].
- Award-Winning: (chicken) The beans need to soak overnight first so set aside some time for this one. [Food & Wine].
- Winter Woods: Slices of bacon, stew meat, navy and red beans, red wine vinegar, shredded Cheddar. [Better Homes & Gardens].
- GoodFood’s Version: This has to be one of the best dishes to serve to friends for a casual get-together. Paprika, cumin, marjoram, garlic. [BBC].
- with Chipotle & Avocado: The diced avocado topping makes a cool contrast to the thick, spicy dish. [Fine Cooking].
- Dark Beer: Stout makes the difference. For best results, pick out a five-pound boneless chuck roast and have the butcher grind it for you. [Epicurious].
- Slow Cooker: Fire roasted tomatoes, sweet potato, low-sodium broth, instant tapioca, soy sauce, lager-style beer (optional), ground chicken. [Food Network].
- Vegetarian: Freezes well. Onion, carrots, jalapeno, celery stalks, corn kernels, cumin, oregano, basil, bulgur wheat, balsamic vinegar. [Door Sixteen].
- Three-Bean Beauty: Lean beef, sweet pepper, onion, beans: red kidney, black and garbanzo (all canned), brown sugar. [Midwest Living].
- Lentil: (vegetarian) Recommends serving over brown rice or with whole-grain hearth bread. Ingredients include low-sodium vegetable broth, brown lentils, cilantro, yellow onion. [Whole Foods Market].
- Springfield: Finely chopped bacon (just 1 slice), minced garlic cloves, coarsely ground turkey breast and sirloin, a can of beer (Budweiser), Worcestershire, cumin. [MyRecipes].
- Chunky Big Batch: (turkey) Diced chilies, fresh chopped garlic, cayenne, tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and more. [Huffington Post].