18 Tasty Chili Con Carne Recipes
Posted By Tipnut On January 21, 2010 @ 1:05 pm In Recipes | No Comments
Nothing better than enjoying a bowl of piping hot chili con carne that’s full of flavor and simmered slowly all day long (especially when it’s cold outside!).
This week’s Hit List features a variety of recipes to try: beef, chicken, turkey, white, crockpot, vegetarian. Lots here, enjoy!
Ideas for toppings & sides: Shredded cheese, sliced green onions, tortilla chips, sour cream, corn bread, finely chopped cilantro, diced hot peppers for an extra kick.
*Ingredients listed below are a sample only and not a complete list
- Cincinnati : A blend of cinnamon, hot pepper, cumin, and, yes, chocolate. It’s not a gimmick or a mole-wannabe, this is rich treat all its own. [The Kitchn].
- Mom’s : (white) Flavourful, spicy, creamy and comforting. And, no tomatoes! [Kitchen Simplicity].
- Christy’s (Crock Pot) : A tweaked copycat version of Wendy’s and simmered slowly all day in the crockpot. [Southern Plate].
- Meaty Three-Bean : Freezes well, has Italian sausage links (cut into 1/2″ chunks), ground beef, green pepper, broth, Worcestershire, bacon strips. [Taste Of Home].
- Family’s Favorite : Has a bottle of beer thrown in, as well as Tabasco, ketchup. [Sunshine Mom].
- Classic : Uses ground turkey and has an interesting blend of herbs and spices. [Land O’ Lakes].
- Turkey and White Bean : Cumin-scented and is healthy and ready in a hurry! Serve with store-bought or homemade corn bread and a leafy salad. [Delish].
- Award-Winning : (chicken) The beans need to soak overnight first so set aside some time for this one. [Food & Wine].
- Winter Woods : Slices of bacon, stew meat, navy and red beans, red wine vinegar, shredded Cheddar. [Better Homes & Gardens].
- GoodFood’s Version : This has to be one of the best dishes to serve to friends for a casual get-together. Paprika, cumin, marjoram, garlic. [BBC].
- with Chipotle & Avocado : The diced avocado topping makes a cool contrast to the thick, spicy dish. [Fine Cooking].
- Dark Beer : Stout makes the difference. For best results, pick out a five-pound boneless chuck roast and have the butcher grind it for you. [Epicurious].
- Slow Cooker : Fire roasted tomatoes, sweet potato, low-sodium broth, instant tapioca, soy sauce, lager-style beer (optional), ground chicken. [Food Network].
- Vegetarian : Freezes well. Onion, carrots, jalapeno, celery stalks, corn kernels, cumin, oregano, basil, bulgur wheat, balsamic vinegar. [Door Sixteen].
- Three-Bean Beauty : Lean beef, sweet pepper, onion, beans: red kidney, black and garbanzo (all canned), brown sugar. [Midwest Living].
- Lentil : (vegetarian) Recommends serving over brown rice or with whole-grain hearth bread. Ingredients include low-sodium vegetable broth, brown lentils, cilantro, yellow onion. [Whole Foods Market].
- Springfield : Finely chopped bacon (just 1 slice), minced garlic cloves, coarsely ground turkey breast and sirloin, a can of beer (Budweiser), Worcestershire, cumin. [MyRecipes].
- Chunky Big Batch : (turkey) Diced chilies, fresh chopped garlic, cayenne, tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and more. [Huffington Post].
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/chili-recipes/
URLs in this post:
 Cincinnati: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-cincinnati-chili-41148
 Mom’s: http://kitchensimplicity.com/white-chili/
 Christy’s (Crock Pot): http://www.southernplate.com/2008/10/christys-crock-pot-chili-im-not.html
 Meaty Three-Bean: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Meaty-Three-Bean-Chili
 Family’s Favorite: http://sunshinemom.blogspot.com/2009/07/chili.html
 Classic: http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/786/classic-chili-bowl
 Turkey and White Bean: http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/turkey-white-bean-chili-ghk1207
 Award-Winning: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/award-winning-chili
 Winter Woods: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/stews/winter-woods-chili/
 GoodFood’s Version: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3228/chilli-con-carne
 with Chipotle & Avocado: http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/beef-black-bean-chili-chipotle-avocado.aspx
 Dark Beer: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Beef-and-Dark-Beer-Chili-237096
 Slow Cooker: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/slow-cooker-chicken-chili-recipe2/index.html
 Vegetarian: http://www.doorsixteen.com/2009/10/11/repost-vegetarian-chili/
 Three-Bean Beauty: http://www.midwestliving.com/recipe/three-bean-beauty-chili
 Lentil: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/lentil-chili
 Springfield: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/springfield-chilli-10000001835264/
 Chunky Big Batch: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gregg-mcbride/turkey-chili-recipe_b_1348034.html
Click here to print.