25+ Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Posted By Tipnut On September 3, 2009 @ 1:09 pm In Recipes | 3 Comments
Kids are back in school and a sure way to make the noon hour a little more special for them is to sneak a few homemade goodies into their packed lunches.
This Recipe Hit List is a compilation of all kinds of different chocolate chip cookies to bake. I included the tried-and-true favorites such as the Tollhouse and Betty Crocker versions along with plenty of creative, yummy twists that are sure to please.
Some pretty amazing treats here to try (including a few that are lower fat and healthified), oh my!
I’ve listed the basic/traditional versions first then you’ll find those with fun add-ins and tweaks at the bottom. Enjoy!
- Best-Ever : This is from founding food editor Carol Ferguson and features a punchy hit of vanilla. Includes chopped walnuts or pecans. From Canadian Living.
- From Jacques Torres : Dough is refrigerated 24 to 36 hours before baking. From New York Times.
- The Ultimate : Includes coarsely chopped nuts. From Betty Crocker.
- Original NESTLE TOLL HOUSE : (has nuts) This famous classic is a treat no matter what the age or occasion. Includes a slice & bake variation. From Nestle.
- Top Secret : Bake six at a time since they’ll spread, has a couple teaspoons of cinnamon added. From Girl Who Bakes.
- Best-Ever : Yields approximately 3 dozen. From Apple A Day.
- With Pecans : The whole batch is whipped up quickly in a food processor, suggests lining the baking sheet first with parchment paper for quick cleanup. From Daily Unadventures In Cooking.
- Super Chewy : Ingredients include golden, corn or agave syrup, almond butter and other regular ingredients. From Top With Cinnamon.
- Cranberry & Orange : The citrus in these adds a refreshing twist. They have slightly crisp edges and a slightly chewy center, the ideal balance that you want. From Slashfood.
- Blueberry : (with white chocolate) Made with dried blueberries that hydrate themselves while baking. From Teresa Sheeley.
- Pumpkin : A nice Fall twist that uses a couple cups of pumpkin, both white and brown sugar, sour cream, nutmeg, cinnamon and more. From Life As I Know It.
- With Dried Cherries & Pecans : Ingredients are fairly standard but with a nice addition of dried sour cherries and chopped pecans. From Living Tastefully.
- With Peanut Butter : Promises a perfect balance of crispy and chewy. From Sugar Cooking.
- Peanut Butter – Shortbread : Oh wow, these look delicious! Yields just under 2 dozen and ingredients include unsalted butter, creamy peanut butter, vanilla extract, all purpose flour, confectioner’s sugar, sea salt. Found at The View From Great Island.
- Thick & Chewy : These are stuffed with peanut butter (using about a dozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups). From Sunny Side Up.
- Flourless (with Peanut Butter) : Organic unsalted peanut butter is used as the binder rather than flour. The dough will be different than what you’re used to but once they’re baked, everything falls into place. From Recchiuti Confections.
- Texas-Style : This has a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix added to the dough. From Life’s Too Short To Skip Dessert.
- Pudding Mix : The ingredients look pretty standard until you see the 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding mix added and the 4 cups of add-ins (chips, candy bars, m&m’s, nuts, etc.). From Sunday Baker.
- Orange Twist : A teaspoon of orange extract and a tablespoon of orange zest are added to the batch. From Cooking Classy.
- Chewy – With Oatmeal : Promises to be a favorite, has 3 1/2 cups of quick cooking oats added to the batch. From My Fabulous Recipes.
- Banana Oatmeal : A mashed ripe banana add sweetness and flavor, you’ll also need a couple cups of old-fashioned oats and standard ingredients (packed brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, etc.). From MyRecipes.
- Cream Cheese Version : Interesting twist using a can of seamless crescent rolls, a package of cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and mini chips. From Jo and Sue.
- Another Cream Cheese Version : Yields 3 dozen. You’ll need assorted flours for these (plain, bread and cornflour). From Butter.
- Cheesecake Version : These have 3 ounces of cream cheese added to the dough. From Dainty Chef.
- S’mores Style : Yields two dozen and topped with melted marshmallows and chocolate, yum! Keep them stored in the refrigerator during hot summer months to avoid a mess. From Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- With Pretzel Bits : These have broken up pretzel pieces, Pretzel Salt or Sea Salt added. From Sugar Cooking.
- With Oreo Pieces : (white chocolate) Unsweetened cocoa powder, roughly chopped Oreos and other standard ingredients are required. From Just Another Day In Paradise.
- Gluten Free : A mixture of flours (tapioca, sorghum or millet and brown rice) replaces regular all-purpose flour. Other ingredients include xanthan gum, Spectrum Palm Shortening and other standard ingredients. From Ginger Lemon Girl.
- Another Gluten-Free Version : This uses sweet rice flour, sorghum flour, guar gum and other standard ingredients. From Chow.
- Almost Fat-Free : Makes 4 dozen and unsweetened applesauce is used in place of butter/shortening. No sugar added, just a bit of stevia powder. From Miscfinds4u.
- 30 Calorie Meringue Version : Here’s something different that has a smooth and dry outer shell with a flossy, lightly toasted marshmallow like center. These are made with egg whites, vanilla, cream of tartar, granulated sugar and cocoa powder. From Dozen Flours.
- Whole Grain : Spelt flour, ground flaxseed, palm sugar and just nuts peanut butter (smooth or crunchy) are a few of the ingredients used. From Inspired Edibles.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/chocolate-chip-cookie/
URLs in this post:
 Best-Ever: http://www.canadianliving.com/food/best_ever_chocolate_chip_cookies.php
 From Jacques Torres: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/dining/091crex.html?_r=2&
 The Ultimate: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookies/77c14e03-d8b0-4844-846d-f19304f61c57
 Original NESTLE TOLL HOUSE: http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18476/Original-NESTL%C3%89-TOLL-HOUSE-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/detail.aspx
 Top Secret: http://girlwhobakes.blogspot.ca/2011/03/top-secret-recipe-my-sisters-chocolate.html
 Best-Ever: http://kelseysappleaday.blogspot.ca/2011/08/best-ever-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
 With Pecans: http://www.dailyunadventuresincooking.com/2006/11/chocolate-chip-pecan-cookies.html/
 Super Chewy: http://topwithcinnamon.blogspot.com/2012/04/super-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
 Cranberry & Orange: http://www.slashfood.com/2006/12/08/christmas-cookie-of-the-week-cranberry-orange-and-dark-chocolate/
 Blueberry: http://teresaksheeley.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/08/blueberry-white-chocolate-cookies.html
 Pumpkin: http://gerbsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/08/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
 With Dried Cherries & Pecans: http://livingtastefully.weebly.com/2/post/2009/06/a-classic-the-chocolate-chip-cookie.html
 With Peanut Butter: http://sugarcooking.blogspot.com/2009/08/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
 Peanut Butter – Shortbread: http://theviewfromthegreatisland.blogspot.ca/2012/03/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-shortbread.html
 Thick & Chewy: http://www.sunnysideupsd.com/2011/05/reeses-stuffed-cookie/
 Flourless (with Peanut Butter): http://www.recchiuti.com/recipe_detail.html?recipe=02
 Texas-Style: http://lifestooshorttoskipdessert.blogspot.ca/2011/04/texas-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
 Pudding Mix: http://www.sundaybaker.net/2008/05/snack-thatll-last-you-all-week-pudding.html
 Orange Twist: http://www.cookingclassy.blogspot.ca/2012/01/orange-chocolate-chip-cookies-tastes.html
 Chewy – With Oatmeal: http://www.myfabulousrecipes.com/2012/02/03/chewy-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookies/
 Banana Oatmeal: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/banana-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies-10000001906392/
 Cream Cheese Version: http://joandsue.blogspot.ca/2012/06/chocolate-chip-cream-cheese-cookies.html
 Another Cream Cheese Version: http://butterbaking.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/cream-cheese-chocolate-chip-cookies/
 Cheesecake Version: http://dainty-chef.com/2012/05/chocolate-chip-cheesecake-cookies.html
 S’mores Style: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/04/19/smores-chocolate-chip-cookies/
 With Pretzel Bits: http://sugarcooking.blogspot.ca/2010/07/pretzel-cookies-with-chocolate-peanut.html
 With Oreo Pieces: http://zitzmanfam.blogspot.co.il/2012/06/chocolate-oreo-white-chocolate-chip.html
 Gluten Free: http://gingerlemongirl.blogspot.com/2009/08/gluten-free-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
 Another Gluten-Free Version: http://www.chow.com/recipes/29399-gluten-free-chocolate-chip-cookies
 Almost Fat-Free: http://www.miscfinds4u.com/blog/2011/05/10/almost-fat-free-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe/
 30 Calorie Meringue Version: http://dozenflours.com/2008/06/30-calorie-chocolate-chip-meringue.html
 Whole Grain: http://www.inspirededibles.ca/2012/02/whole-grain-peanut-butter-cookies-with.html
Click here to print.