15+ Ways To Make Coconut Macaroons
Posted By Tipnut On February 3, 2011 @ 12:10 pm In Recipes | No Comments
Today’s Recipe Hit List is a nice assortment of coconut macaroon cookies that I’ve handpicked from around the net. I included a couple ideas for just the basic version and then added a bunch featuring different flavor twists. Some of the ideas are: lemon, orange and lavender flavors, chocolate dipped or drizzled and even some fruit and nut additions. Enjoy!
*Note: Descriptions below are quotes from the reference sites
Enjoy As-Is Or Try Drizzling & Dipping With Chocolate For A Tasty Treat
- Adapted from Barefoot Contessa : I used to have a hard time with macaroons in general until I realized I was so worried about beating the egg whites dry that I wasn’t beating them enough. Problem solved. From The Nesting Project.
- Basic : With almond extract as an ingredient. From Epicurious.
- With Drizzled Chocolate : Wonderfully chewy, topped with melted chocolate- these get even better overnight as the flavors work together. For more of a coconutty taste, add 1/2 tsp coconut extract along with the vanilla. From Honey & Butter.
- With Almond & Dark Chocolate : These coconut macaroons taste just like an Almond Joy. Seriously. Just like it! Except perhaps, with a slightly more gourmet twist. Plus, if you don’t feel like a nut, you can leave the almonds out and suddenly it a Mounds bar macaroon. From A Dash of Sass.
- Chocolate Capped : From A Sofa In The Kitchen.
- Chocolate Chunk : From Martha Stewart.
- Bird’s Nest Cookies : Moist coconut macaroons that look like little nests with an egg inside. The instructions may look a bit long, but this is an easy cookie to make. From Our Family Attic.
- Festive : Celebrate the festive season with these tropical delights! Enjoy coconut cookies topped with red and green candied cherries – a yummy dessert. From Betty Crocker.
- Chocolate Cherry : These rich macaroons are moist and fudgy inside–they’re something like a cross between a cookie and a chocolate truffle. From Fine Cooking.
- Cranberry : From Food Network.
- Pecan : This was my first time trying pecan and coconut flavors combined, and I discovered I love this duo. From Gluten-Free Bay.
- Haystack : Ingredients include coconut, raisins, dried cranberries or apricots, dried cherries, pecans or walnuts. From Zoe Bakes.
- With Lavender : The key to remember when cooking with lavender, is that ‘a little goes a long way’, because the inclusion of too much lavender to a dish can render it unpleasantly bitter. From Lemonpi.
- Saffron : The recipe is exceedingly simple and, as I found out, forgiving. From Dorie Greenspan.
- Orange : From Martha Stewart.
- Pineapple : The mixture can be stored up to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator to bake as you go. From Pastry Studio.
- Lemon : These lemon coconut macaroons are so quick and easy to make. The addition of lemon zest really cuts down on the sweetness and adds a wonderful flavor and fragrance to a basic coconut macaroon. I used meyers of course, but regular lemons (or limes) would be great too. From AlpineBerry.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/coconut-macaroons/
URLs in this post:
 Adapted from Barefoot Contessa: http://www.nesting-project.com/2010/04/art-of-coconut-macaroons.html
 Basic: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Coconut-Macaroons-232018
 With Drizzled Chocolate: http://www.honeyandbutter.com/desserts/chocolate-covered-coconut-macaroons
 With Almond & Dark Chocolate: http://www.adashofsass.com/2009/04/26/coconut-almond-macaroons-with-dark-chocolate/
 Chocolate Capped: http://www.asofainthekitchen.com/2010/04/easy-street-chocolate-capped-macaroons.html
 Chocolate Chunk: http://www.marthastewart.com/314385/chocolate-chunk-macaroons
 Bird’s Nest Cookies: http://ourfamilyattic.blogspot.com/2010/03/coconut-macaroon-birds-nest-cookies.html
 Festive: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/festive-coconut-macaroons/3ebd2feb-8790-4361-a770-91e92a8cdc7d
 Chocolate Cherry: http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/chocolate-cherry-coconut-macaroons.aspx
 Cranberry: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/coconut-cranberry-macaroon-recipe2/index.html
 Pecan: http://glutenfreebay.blogspot.com/2008/04/sugar-free-pecan-coconut-macaroons.html
 Haystack: http://zoebakes.com/2009/03/25/the-absolute-best-coconut-haystack-macaroons-3-desserts-for-passover-and-another-le-creuset-giveway/
 With Lavender: http://blog.lemonpi.net/?p=1691
 Saffron: http://doriegreenspan.com/2009/06/-if-you-havent-heard.html
 Orange: http://www.marthastewart.com/334898/orange-coconut-macaroons
 Pineapple: http://pastrystudio.blogspot.com/2008/02/pineapple-coconut-macaroons.html
 Lemon: http://alpineberry.blogspot.com/2007/05/lemon-coconut-macaroons.html
Click here to print.