14 Tasty Ways To Make Coleslaw
Here’s another salad that fits right in on both the holiday table and the picnic table, and aside from a lot of chopping and slicing, it’s really easy to make too! Ingredients are simple with cabbage (green, white or purple varieties), grated carrots (optional) and some type of onion making an appearance, but there are a lot more goodies you can toss in if you like (such as raisins, apples, peppers, etc.).
This Recipe Hit List is a nice assortment of coleslaws that I’ve handpicked from around the net with each including their own homemade dressings, each looks so tasty that I’m sure you’ll find a new family favorite, enjoy!
- With Cabbage & Carrots: (as seen in picture) Ingredients include white wine vinegar, sugar (optional), finely chopped garlic, ground cumin, dried oregano, dry mustard, finely shredded green and red cabbage, shredded carrots, thinly sliced green onions, salt and pepper to taste. From Whole Foods Market.
- Apple & Poppy Seed: Ingredients include shredded green cabbage, grated carrots, coarsely grated Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced green onions, apple cider vinegar, sour cream, mayonnaise, frozen apple juice concentrate (thawed) and poppy seeds. From Epicurious.
- Cabbage: Ingredients include shredded green cabbage, sliced red bell pepper, sliced red onion, seasoned rice vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, salt & freshly ground pepper. From Eating Well.
- Purple Cabbage With Raisins: Ingredients include purple (or green) cabbage, white onion, raisins, mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, whole or low-fat milk, sugar, salt & pepper. From Williams-Sonoma.
- With Hot Red Peppers: Ingredients include shredded cabbage, sweet onion, thinly sliced hot red peppers, mayo, cider vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, salt to taste. From Cook Local.
- Special: Ingredients include white cabbage (shredded), coarsely grated carrot, red onion or spring onions, chopped celery, grated apple, raisins, chopped walnuts, Mayonnaise, salt & black pepper. From Meanderings Through My Cookbook.
- Crunchy Asian Style: Ingredients include vegetable oil, thinly sliced red onions, julienne red peppers, julienne yellow peppers, salt & white pepper, shredded Napa cabbage, julienne carrots, sesame oil, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped roasted peanuts. From Emeril Lagasse at Food Network.
- Sour Version: Ingredients include vegetable oil, white-wine vinegar, dry sherry, finely chopped garlic, sugar, coarse salt, green cabbage (cored & thinly sliced), flat-leaf chopped parsley. From Martha Stewart.
- Asian Style: Made with white cabbage (finely shredded), grated carrots, fresh ginger (grated), chopped red chili, juice & zest from limes, toasted sesame seeds, sunflower oil, light muscovado sugar. From BBC Good Food.
- Pickled: Ingredients include green and/or red cabbage (thinly sliced), red onion, English cucumber, celery seed, sugar, rice vinegar, salt and pepper. From Whole Foods Market.
- With White Wine Vinegar: Ingredients include unsalted butter, flour, water, white wine vinegar, ground celery seed, sour cream, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots. Dressing ingredients: egg yolks, sugar, dry mustard and Tabasco sauce. From Williams-Sonoma.
- Snappy & Crunchy: Ingredients include cabbage, julienned tart or sweet apple, julienned carrot, red onion, golden raisins (or dried cranberries), extra virgin olive oil, Champagne vinegar or apple cider vinegar, organic raw agave nectar, caraway seeds, dill, cumin, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. From Gluten-free Goddess.
- Lemon, Parmesan & Chickpea Cabbage Salad: Ingredients include shredded cabbage, canned chickpeas (drained), Parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt & pepper. From Everybody Likes Sandwiches.
- Old Fashioned Version: Ingredients included diced or shredded cabbage, shredded carrot, minced onion, milk, buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt & pepper. From Chaos In The Kitchen.