Cauliflower is a great side dish for meals that is many times served with heavy sauces and cheese…here’s a way you can lower the fat and calories to make it guilt-free…
Serve Oven Roasted Cauliflower Alone Or With Other Vegetables For A Tasty (And Healthy) Side Dish
1 head of cauliflower
2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil (depending on size of cauliflower head)
salt & pepper
Optional dressings and seasonings (see below)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Prepare head of cauliflower by removing leaves and breaking into small florets (trim longer stems for more even cooking) and then rinsing thoroughly with cool water. Drain well and pat dry.
- Mix together olive oil and seasonings then toss florets in the mixture to coat evenly.
- Arrange cauliflower in a baking sheet or roasting pan, single layer if possible (you can line pan with foil first for easier cleanup). Place in oven and cook until done (approximately 20 to 30 minutes). Turn once during cooking for an even roast.
- Remove from oven when fully cooked and serve immediately, the florets should be caramelized a bit around the edges and fork tender.
Topping & Seasoning Ideas:
- Chili powder – mix in oil first
- Cayenne pepper – mix in oil first
- Parmesan cheese – freshly grated and sprinkled over cooked florets before serving
- Lemon juice – freshly squeezed (add about 1/2 lemon to olive oil mix before tossing)
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper