1 whole pumpkin
2 TBS melted butter or vegetable oil
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove seeds and pulp from pumpkin then cut into large wedges. You can leave the outer rind on (or remove if desired).
- Lay the wedges flesh side up on a baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Brush each piece with butter or vegetable oil then season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven until the pumpkin is fork-tender and the top has caramelized a bit (approximately 35 to 45 minutes depending on size of pumpkin).
- Once cooked, remove wedges from oven and serve (slip off the peels before serving if you wish).
Walnuts & Honey Topping Idea: Arrange walnuts in a small casserole dish, drizzle with honey (toss walnuts to coat) then pop in the oven, uncovered, during the last 15 minutes of cooking time.