15+ Ways To Make A Corn Casserole
Posted By Tipnut On February 22, 2011 @ 12:15 am In Recipes | No Comments
Made with fresh, frozen or canned corn, these casseroles are a treat for Sunday dinner or on the holiday table. Easy to make and mostly fuss-free (some can even be made a day or two ahead or frozen before baking), they can vary from gooey-cheesy to bursting with flavor from added bacon, chiles, sweet peppers, onions and more. Popular with both cooks and diners, this is one family-friendly dish you’ll want to keep handy in your recipe box.
Today’s Recipe Hit List features over a dozen tasty versions that I’ve handpicked from around the net, some are made with just a few simple ingredients while others add a packed-bunch of flavors to zip things up a bit. Enjoy!
- Indiana : (as seen in picture) Ingredients include bacon, butter, chopped onion, chopped celery, chopped red and green peppers, flour, sour cream, fresh or frozen corn, chopped parsley, salt and pepper. From Disney’s FamilyFun.
- With Grits : Ingredients include whole milk, quick-cooking grits, canned niblets, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, chopped scallions, an egg and seasonings. From Woman’s Day.
- Triangle Ranch Scalloped : Ingredients include lightly beaten eggs, canned cream-style corn, shredded American cheese, milk, crushed saltine crackers, diced green chili peppers and seasonings. From Midwest Living.
- Paula Deen’s Version : Serves 6 to 8. Ingredients include canned whole kernel corn, canned cream-style corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, butter and shredded cheddar. From Paula Deen.
- Cheesy Rice & Bake : Ingredients include Philadelphia chive & onion cream cheese spread, an egg, instant white rice, canned corn with red and green bell peppers, shredded Mexican Style Four Cheeses, fresh cilantro. From Kraft.
- Cheesy Chile Style : Ingredients include canned cheddar cheese soup, milk, melted butter, ground red pepper, chopped green chiles, French fried onions. From Serious Eats.
- Rachael’s Version : Ingredients include eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped celery, chopped onion, melted butter, paprika, salt. From Every Day With Rachael Ray.
- Cheesy Chicken Style : Ingredients include yellow rice, margarine, canned cream of chicken soup, shredded & cooked chicken, cheddar cheese. From Southern Plate.
- Sweet Corn Casserole : Ingredients include masa harina flour, butter or margarine, sugar, yellow corn mean. evaporated milk, baking powder, chili powder and more. From Very Best Baking.
- With Bacon : Ingredients include bacon, chopped onion, flour, minced garlic, sour cream, fresh parsley, minced chives and seasonings. From Taste of Home.
- Creamed : (includes directions for making in a slow cooker if you prefer) Made with chopped red & green sweet peppers, chopped onion, butter, canned cream of celery soup, cream cheese spread and milk. From Better Homes And Gardens.
- With Greek Yogurt : Ingredients include corn muffin mix, greek yogurt, butter and shredded cheddar. From Pots And Plots.
- Southern-Style : Ingredients include milk, chopped onion, jalapeno, fresh cilantro, butter, flour, corn meal, pepper jack cheese and seasonings. From eCurry.
- Lightened Up Version : Made with egg substitute, melted butter, canned corn (no-salt-added cream-style and whole-kernel), corn muffin mix and plain fat-free yogurt. From My Recipes.
- Baked : Ingredients include cream of chicken soup (canned), milk, eggs, corn muffin mix, grated Parmesan and french fried onions (canned). From Campbell’s Kitchen.
- Cheesy : Ingredients include finely chopped bacon, cubes of unsalted butter, garlic cloves, flour, milk, cubed cream cheese, cubed Velveeta, grated extra-sharp cheddar and paprika. From Saveur.
- With Leftover Chili : Ingredients include unsalted butter, ears of corn (with kernels cut off), Kosher salt, chopped scallions, leftover chili, shredded pepper jack or monterey jack, tube of precooked polenta. From Food Network.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/corn-casseroles/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/indiana-corn-casserole-684169/
 With Grits: http://www.womansday.com/recipefinder/corn-grits-casserole-recipe-121186
 Triangle Ranch Scalloped: http://www.midwestliving.com/recipe/vegetables/triangle-ranch-scalloped-corn/
 Paula Deen’s Version: http://www.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view2/corn_casserole/
 Cheesy Rice & Bake: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/cheesy-rice-corn-casserole-76138.aspx
 Cheesy Chile Style: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/12/cheesy-chile-corn-casserole.html
 Rachael’s Version: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/side-dish-recipes/Corn-Casserole
 Cheesy Chicken Style: http://www.southernplate.com/2008/11/cheesy-chicken-and-corn-casserole.html
 Sweet Corn Casserole: http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/29772/Sweet-Corn-Casserole/detail.aspx
 With Bacon: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Corn-and-Bacon-Casserole
 Creamed: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/vegetables/creamed-corn-casserole/
 With Greek Yogurt: http://potsandplots.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/greek-yogurt-corn-casserole/
 Southern-Style: http://www.ecurry.com/blog/sides-etc/corn-casserole-recipe/
 Lightened Up Version: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/easy-corn-casserole-10000001654623/
 Baked: http://www.campbellskitchen.com/Recipes/RecipeDetails.aspx?recipeId=50383
 Cheesy: http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Cheesy-Corn-Casserole
 With Leftover Chili: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chili-corn-casserole-recipe/index.html
Click here to print.