How To Freshen Your Home With Eucalyptus
This is one of mother nature’s most powerful disinfectants, what better option to clean with!
Here are a few different homemade cleaners I have on file that incorporate Eucalyptus oil and can be used to freshen your home.
- Add 1 tablespoon of liquid castile soap to 1 gallon of hot water and 1/3 cup Borax. Mix in 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp of oil.
- Mix 1/2 cup vinegar with 1 cup hot water, add 1/8 tsp liquid dish detergent (nothing with bleach), 6 drops oil. Pour into a spray bottle and shake before each use.
- Mix baking soda and liquid castile soap until you have a smooth paste (some water can be added), stir in a few drops of the oil. Take a damp sponge, dab into the paste and use to scrub over stained areas. Wipe off with a damp, clean cloth.
- Fill a small spray bottle with lukewarm water and add 3 drops oil (ratio is about 1 drop oil to 4 ounces water). Shake. Use on freshly washed surfaces as a fragrant rinse. Store away from sunlight.
1/2 cup Distilled Water
1/2 cup Vodka
10 drops oil
- Mix ingredients and pour into a spray bottle. Shake before use.
For Carpet & Upholstery:
2 cups Distilled Water
20 drops Oil
- Mix and pour into a spray bottle. Shake before each use. Can be used as an air freshener, a carpet or upholstery spray. Test a small area first for fabric discoloration and do not use on wood surfaces.
Garbage Pail Deodorizer:
- Mix 4 teaspoons oil with 4 cups of baking soda. Store in an airtight plastic container. After cleaning garbage can, sprinkle a handful of baking soda mixture on the bottom (once dry).
1 cup Baking Soda
15 drops oil
- Mix the baking soda and oil well then scrub onto bathroom tub and sink with a damp sponge. Leave sit for a bit before rinsing off with clear warm water.