Here’s a treat for embroidery fans, this vintage set comes with seven different designs, one for each day of the week. Cross stitch and a variety of embroidery stitches are used in this design.
I’ve included the full set of instructions directly from the pattern and images have already been flipped so you can trace directly on top when transferring to fabric (if you need help transferring the pattern, you’ll find instructions for a few methods here: Embroidery Pattern Transfer Tips ).
7 Motifs For Day-Of-The-Week Towels
Superior Transfer Design (142)
Kitten Towels: In this pattern there are seven towel motifs, one for each day of the week. They are done in the simplest of embroidery stitches.
Materials Needed: One yard of 16 or 18 inch dish toweling for each towel; one skein of six strand cotton in each color used.
To Embroider: Work in the colors suggested under Color Scheme and embroider as instructed below (guidelines are at bottom of page).
Directions: Click on the image for full pattern size (files are jpg format). Right click and save to your computer before printing.
- Uncheck your printer’s equivalent to “Print to Page” and “Maintain Aspect Ratio” so that the pattern stays true to actual size.
- Patterns have already been flipped so that you can trace directly on top when transferring design to fabric.
Recommended Colors & Stitches
Broken lines–running stitch
Single lines–single stitch
Continuous lines–outline stitch
Dots–French knots or fine satin stitch
Loops–lazy daisy stitch
The motifs may be done in two colors; in shades of one color, or in a variety of colors as follows:
- Kitten–black, two shades of gray or tan
- Eyes–green, amber or blue
- Baskets–tan or straw color
- Stool–a bright color
- Iron–blue gray with a bright colored handle
- Wash-board–blue gray with tan frame
- Clothes pins–tan
- Flowers–a variety of bright colors
- Flower centers–yellow or black
- Leaves, stems and grass–green
- Groceries–actual colors
- Yarn–bright colors
- Lettering–black or a color
- Bird–blue or yellow
- Cage–gold, black or deep green
- Mop–blue gray with bright colored handle
- Egg beater–blue gray
- Bowl–bright color
- Use black to finish motifs