20+ Summer Fruit Cobblers To Make
Posted By Tipnut On April 7, 2011 @ 1:15 pm In Recipes | 1 Comment
If making homemade pies is not your thing, cobblers are an easy way to enjoy a bounty of fresh, seasonal fruit such as apples, peaches, apricots and assorted berries. With no fussy pastry or pie crusts to make, these are baked with a topping of biscuits or in a batter that turns out a fast and easy homey dessert that’s sure to please.
Today’s Recipe Hit List is a nice assortment that I’ve handpicked from around the ‘net. Some feature a biscuit topping while others are baked with easy batter mixtures and crusty toppings. Most are made with fresh fruit but many can be made with canned as well. I’ve tried to keep them organized in groups of like-fruit, though some use more than a single variety of fruit and are listed just once. Enjoy!
- Apricot Almond : (as seen in picture) Baked in a cast iron skillet, fruit mixture is poured over a batter before baking. Ingredients include whole raw almonds, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, freshly grated nutmeg, unsalted butter, whole milk, an egg, almond-flavored liqueur, fresh apricots, freshly squeezed lemon juice. From Martha Stewart.
- Apricot & Cherry : Features a buttermilk biscuit crust, filling ingredients include fresh apricots, pitted fresh cherries, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, all-purpose flour, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and unsalted butter. From Food Blogga.
- Praline Peach : Dough is pressed into pan then topped with fruit mixture. Ingredients include graham cracker crumbs, finely chopped pecans, packed brown sugar, melted margarine, canned sliced peaches, cinnamon-sugar, Original Bisquick mix, granulated sugar and milk. From Betty Crocker.
- Peach : This one’s a little different since it’s topped with cubed bread, ingredients include: fresh or canned peaches, pie filling enhancer and topped with a mixture of granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, egg and melted butter. From King Arthur Flour.
- Peach : Fruit mixture is topped with homemade pecan biscuits, fruit mixture is made with fresh peaches, granulated sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and zest of lemon. From Simmer Till Done.
- Peach Lavender : Ingredients include fresh freestone peaches, instant tapioca, sugar, Kosher salt, fresh lemon juice and topped with a mixture of dried lavender blossoms, all-purpose flour, rolled oats, granulated sugar, baking powder, Kosher salt, lemon zest, unsalted butter, heavy cream, buttermilk and turbinado sugar. From Food & Wine.
- Peach Blueberry : Baked and served in a cast-iron skillet, this cobbler is made with fruit mixture baked in a batter. Ingredients include fresh peaches, fresh or frozen blueberries, unsalted butter, canola oil, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, salt, reduced-fat milk, sugar and vanilla extract. From Eating Well.
- Peach & Blueberry : Topped with homemade biscuits, filling ingredients include ripe peaches, blueberries, sugar and flour. From Tamarind and Thyme.
- Nectarine & Blueberry : Topped with squares of homemade biscuit dough, ingredients include flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter, half & half, fresh nectarines, blueberries, sugar and flour. From Sweet Fine Day.
- Pear, Blueberry & Ginger : Topped with homemade biscuits, ingredients include fresh Bartlett or Bosc pears, fresh or frozen blueberries, sugar, ground ginger, freshly ground nutmeg, cornstarch. From Cookin’ Canuck.
- Blueberry with Easiest-Ever Biscuits : Topped with homemade biscuits, fruit mixture ingredients include fresh blueberries, sugar, water, cornstarch, fresh lemon juice and coarse Kosher salt. From Bon Appetit.
- Blackberry & Peach Jam : Fruit mixture is rolled in dough jelly-roll style. Ingredients include unsalted butter, water, granulated sugar, self-rising flour, heavy cream, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, cornstarch, brown sugar, fresh blackberries, homemade peach jam. From Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.
- Peach Blackberry : Topped with wedges of homemade biscuit dough, filling ingredients include sliced peaches, sugar, flour (for thickening), lemon juice and blackberries. From Alpineberry.
- Blackberry Buckle : Fruit is layered over a batter mixture, ingredients include fresh blackberries, granulated sugar, freshly squeezed lemon juice and vanilla extract. From Bless Her Heart.
- Raspberry Peach : Baked with dollops of dough over the fruit mixture, ingredients include sugar, cornstarch, ground cinnamon, pure vanilla, sliced peaches, raspberries, shortening or butter, all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and milk. From Get Off Your Butt And Bake.
- Raspberry Buckle : Fruit mixture is poured over a batter before baking, ingredients include unsalted butter, granulated sugar, large eggs, all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, raspberries, confectioner’s sugar for dusting (optional). From Martha Stewart.
- Rhubarb Raspberry With Cornmeal Biscuits : Filling ingredients include fresh rhubarb, fresh raspberries (or frozen), sugar, cornstarch. From The New York Times.
- Strawberry Rhubarb : Baked with dollops of cobbler batter covering the fruit mixture. Ingredients include fresh rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, fresh strawberries, flour, baking powder, salt, cold butter and light cream. From Serious Eats.
- Mixed Berry : Topped with a circle of dough, filling ingredients include mixed fresh or frozen berries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon or lime zest, ground black pepper (optional). From Genesis Of A Cook.
- Brown Sugar Berry : Topped with mounds of dough. Ingredients include dark brown sugar, cornstarch, mixed berries, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, whole milk and granulated sugar. From Gourmet.
- Skillet Apple : Baked in a skillet or deep dish pie pan and topped with homemade biscuits. The filling ingredients include brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, apples and boiled cider. From The Other Side of Fifty.
- Ginger Apple Pandowdy : Topped with dough, filling ingredients include molasses, water, fresh lemon juice, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, grated nutmeg, grated cardamom, ground cloves, slat, Granny Smith apples, candied ginger, whole wheat flour, sugar and unsalted butter. From Everybody Likes Sandwiches.
- Fresh Fig : Fruit mixture is poured over a batter, ingredients include flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, sugar, softened butter, milk or orange juice, sweet or semi-sweet wine, sliced figs, ground cinnamon. From Israeli Kitchen.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/fruit-cobblers/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.marthastewart.com/281432/apricot-almond-cobbler
 Apricot & Cherry: http://foodblogga.blogspot.com/2008/06/fresh-apricot-and-cherry-cobbler-with.html
 Praline Peach: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/praline-peach-cobbler/067db9f3-1012-48be-99df-225aab76a5a3
 Peach: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2010/07/30/may-i-call-this-peach-cobbler-do-i-dare-to-eat-a-peach/
 Peach: http://simmertilldone.com/2008/07/05/peach-cobbler-a-love-story/
 Peach Lavender: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/peach-lavender-cobbler
 Peach Blueberry: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/peach_blueberry_cobbler.html
 Peach & Blueberry: http://tamarindandthyme.wordpress.com/2008/08/30/peach-and-blueberry-cobbler/
 Nectarine & Blueberry: http://www.sweetfineday.com/2010/07/nectarine-and-blueberry-cobbler/
 Pear, Blueberry & Ginger: http://www.cookincanuck.com/2009/09/pear-blueberry-ginger-cobbler-recipe/
 Blueberry with Easiest-Ever Biscuits: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2010/08/blueberry_cobbler_with_easiest_ever_biscuits
 Blackberry & Peach Jam: http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2010/07/19/bakers-curse/
 Peach Blackberry: http://alpineberry.blogspot.com/2006/07/peach-blackberry-cobbler.html
 Blackberry Buckle: http://blessherheart.typepad.com/bless_her_heart/2010/05/blackberry-buckle.html
 Raspberry Peach: http://www.getoffyourbuttandbake.com/2009/07/raspberry-peach-cobbler.html
 Raspberry Buckle: http://www.marthastewart.com/326590/raspberry-buckle
 Rhubarb Raspberry With Cornmeal Biscuits: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/dining/103arex.html?_r=1
 Strawberry Rhubarb: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2008/07/sunday-brunch-strawberryrhubarb-cobbler.html
 Mixed Berry: http://asweetfantasy.blogspot.com/2008/06/mixed-berry-cobbler.html
 Brown Sugar Berry: http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/2000s/2009/07/brown-sugar-berry-cobbler
 Skillet Apple: http://www.othersideoffifty.com/2010/10/skillet-apple-cobber-happy-birthday.html
 Ginger Apple Pandowdy: http://everybodylikessandwiches.com/2010/12/old-fashioned-ginger-apple-pandowdy/
 Fresh Fig: http://www.israelikitchen.com/home-bakery/fresh-fig-cobbler/
Click here to print.