15 Yummy Fruit Dip Recipes
Fresh fruit is nice ‘n sweet and yummy enough on its own, but it can also be jazzed up a bit by serving with a cool and creamy dip. These are simple enough to make that they can be enjoyed as a snack, and taste bud pleasing enough that you can serve to crowds when entertaining.
They can be made with all kinds of ingredients with most being pretty basic like yogurt, cream cheese, whipped cream, sour cream and even marshmallow fluff…diet busting for sure, but many can be healthified too by using low-fat varieties. Bonus! many do just fine in the refrigerator for several days (so they’re perfect to make ahead when things are busy).
This Recipe Hit List features an assorted mix of quick & easy fruit dips to make, some a little healthier than others . I’ve handpicked these from around the net, most involve very few & basic ingredients–each promises to please. Enjoy!
*Note: Descriptions below are quotes from the reference sites
- Lemon: It keeps all week in the fridge. Fun, tasty, lemony! Found at Taste of Home.
- Strawberry Yogurt: So refreshing…and kinda addicting. We went through a LOT of apples this weekend. From Heavenly Homemakers.
- White Chocolate Cheesecake: A sweet blend of white chocolate and cream cheese naturally complements the bright flavours of fresh fruit. From Canadian Living.
- Easy Version: Have you ever been to a party where the host served fruit with a gooey, sweetened cream? Chances are you were eating fruit dip. This creamy dip looks like whipped cream but is much sweeter, thicker, and denser. This particular recipe is my go-to fruit dip recipe because its simple, easy, fast, and always popular at brunches, potlucks, and showers. From Sweet Savory Life.
- Marshmallow Cream Cheese: Appealing and easy enough to throw together for the kids, but pretty enough for a party, it doesn’t get much healthier than a fresh fruit tray. Served with dip, fresh fruit is a fun addition to any gathering. From The Finer Things In Life.
- Caramel Rum: Rich and creamy, this dip is an indulgent way to dress up fruit. From Land O’Lakes.
- Nutella Cream Cheese: It tastes amazing! We used apples to dip into it, but it would taste great with bananas and strawberries as well. From Sweetest Kitchen.
- “Healthified” Fluffy Orange: 64% less fat — 44% fewer calories — 62% less sat fat than the original recipe. With less fat, this dip still blossoms with flavor! From Betty Crocker.
- Luscious Lowfat Cheesecake Version: This is a dip that I came up with to jazz up a fruit platter, and the lowfat ingredients make it kind on the waistline too. From Deborah’s Culinary Confections.
- French Cream: From Paula Deen on the Food Network.
- Margarita: Serve in a wide-brimmed margarita glass. Dip rim of glass in sugar before filling with dip. From Kraft Foods.
- Creamy: This creamy and delicious fruit dip doesn’t get any easier – you can mix it up in a about a minute using only 3 simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand. From Butter Yum.
- Honey-Yogurt: Serve with Assorted fresh fruit (such as apples, bananas, pineapple and/or strawberries), cut into wedges or bite-size pieces. From Epicurious.
- Apple Cinnamon: Dips are not just for veggies anymore! Jazz up your fruit salad by serving it with this creamy compliment. From eNourishment.
- Caramel Toffee: So the last thing on our menu is the fruit dip! It’s just another variation of the ubiquitous cream cheese fruit dip. And, like everything else on our baby shower menu, it’s easy. From Our Best Bites.
Here’s a fruit platter display idea you can try:
1 Whole Pineapple
Assorted fruit pieces such as: Strawberries; Watermelon; Cantaloupe; Pineapple; Honeydew Melon; Grapes; Cherries; Kiwi; Orange pieces
1 jar marshmallow cream topping
1 cup sour cream
1 cup Cool Whip
- Cut pineapple in half lengthwise and hollow out one half. Use this half as your dip bowl and set in middle of platter. Cut the rest of the pineapple into chunks for serving.
- Make the dip by first softening the marshmallow cream in the microwave, then add the sour cream & Cool Whip, mixing well. Pour the dip into the pineapple bowl.
- Arrange assorted pieces of fruit on the platter around the pineapple bowl and enjoy!
Another quick & easy treat:
1 part whipped cream
1 part vanilla or flavored yogurt, or vanilla pudding
And here’s a good bunch of tips and ideas for making a watermelon basket.
More Container Ideas:
- Half a coconut
- Half a small melon
- Half a large grapefruit