If you’re a fan of sandwiches, you’re going to love this collection of recipes! A grilled ham & swiss satisfies taste buds effortlessly, but if you’re looking for something a little more creative or special, I’m sure you’ll find an idea or two in the bunch below.
You’ll find an assortment of meats, cheeses, breads and toppings to choose from…some simple and basic while others will rival your local deli concoctions.
These are perfect for both lunch and dinner and they’re a definite comfort food on cold nights. So easy to make too!
Here are my picks from around the web…Enjoy!
- Beer Bread & Cheese : Made with sauteed onions, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, sharp cheddar, Fontina and Dijon mustard. From Honest Fare.
- Apple & Brie Melts : Ingredients include Italian bread, thinly sliced apple, Brie, apple butter and butter. From Homemade by Holman.
- Brie, Grape & Avocado : Made with wholegrain bread, Brie, red grapes, avocado, wholegrain mustard, cream cheese and sea salt. From Kitchen Lab.
- Cheddar, Apple & Spinach : Made with thinly sliced apples, grated (low fat) Cheddar, fresh spinach leaves, mayonnaise, spicy brown or Dijon and butter. From Oscar’s Sandwich.
- Baked Potato & Cheese : Made with strips of bacon, lightly fried baked potato slices, sour cream, Cheddar, green onions (chives), butter, canola oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. From BS’ In The Kitchen.
- Mozzarella : Made with fresh buffalo mozzarella, firm white sandwich bread, eggs, heavy cream, fresh thyme leaves, coarse salt, nutmeg, extra-virgin olive oil and unsalted butter. From Martha Stewart.
- Broccoli Rabe-and-Provolone Panini : Ingredients include extra-virgin olive oil, smashed garlic clove, a bunch of broccoli rabe, salt, crushed red pepper, coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, grated Parmesan, country bread and sliced provolone cheese. From Rachael Ray.
- 4-Cheese With Pimento & Bacon : Made with shredded sharp smoked Cheddar, shredded smoked Gouda, shredded medium Cheddar, shredded Jack, mayonnaise, cream cheese, sriracha, Worcestershire sauce, diced pimentos, crispy bacon, rustic bread and butter. From Evil Shenanigans.
- Savory Herb French Toast Style : Serves 4. Made with milk, egg, coarse ground salt, freshly ground pepper, dried oregano, dried thyme, cayenne pepper, slices of French baguette bread, butter, grated Aged Wisconsin Cheddar, grated Smoked Wisconsin Cheddar. From Wisconsin Cheese Talk.
- Turkey Cranberry Monte Cristo : Serves 4. Ingredients include bread slices (potato bread, challa or any soft bread), fontina cheese (grated), cooked turkey breast, whole cranberry sauce, baby arugula leaves, eggs, milk, nutmeg and butter. From Paula Deen.
- Pastrami, Swiss, Sweet Onion Marmalade on Rye : Ingredients include butter, vegetable oil, thinly sliced red onions, minced garlic, sugar, salt, freshly ground black pepper, red-wine vinegar, red wine (such as Zinfandel or Grenache), extra-sour rye or caraway rye bread, thin slices of pastrami, shredded Swiss and whole-grain mustard. From My Recipes.
- Jalapeno Popper & Cheese : Makes 2 sandwiches, ingredients include large Jalapeno peppers, softened cream cheese, green onions, black pepper, Colby Jack or Cheddar, sourdough bread and butter. From Simply Scratch.
- Avocado Turkey & Brie Panini : Made with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, thinly sliced turkey, sliced Brie, slices of avocados, ciabatta bread (or other rustic bread), salt and pepper to taste. From Avocado Central.
- French Onion Grilled Cheese : Made with caramelized onions, butter, shredded Fontina, shredded Gruyere, sliced sourdough bread and butter. From A Bird In The Kitchen.
- Goat Cheese With Figs & Honey : Ingredients include honey, grated lemon rind, goat cheese, cinnamon-raisin bread slices, fig preserves, fresh basil, powdered sugar and cooking spray. From Serious Eats.
- Panko Crusted Grilled Cheese & Tomato : Made with a stale French loaf, grated cheese, panko breadcrumbs, egg, milk, thinly sliced grape tomatoes, salt and pepper. From Fuss Free Cooking.
- Reuben-ish : Ingredients include slices of rye bread, mayonnaise, sauerkraut, fresh red chili, pastrami, sliced gherkins, Swiss cheese and a handful of watercress leaves. From Jamie Oliver.
- Farmhouse Cheddar, Bacon & Apple : Made with country-style white bread, farmhouse cheddar, unsalted butter, cooked bacon, thinly sliced green apple and Dijon mustard. From Tyler Florence at Food Network.
- Logan County Hamburgers : Makes 6, ingredients include ground beef, lightly beaten egg, sliced & grated yellow onion, garlic powder, Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, unsalted butter, white sandwich bread and slices of American cheese (optional). From Delish.
- Bacon, Cheddar & Pear Panini : Made with jam (such as currant, fig or lingonberry), multigrain bread, Cheddar, cooked bacon and thinly sliced pear. From Alexandra Cooks.
- Chipotle Chicken : Made with boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, spicy chipotle rub, country-style bread, olive oil (for brushing), mayonnaise, shredded Monterey Jack, slices of avocado. From Williams-Sonoma.
- Panini Margherita : Made with plum tomato slices, slices of rustic French bread, salt, freshly ground black pepper, shredded part-skim mozzarella, fresh basil leaves and extra-virgin olive oil. From My Recipes.
- Ham & Gouda with Frisee & Caramelized Onions : Yields 2 servings, ingredients include extra-virgin olive oil, thinly sliced onion, unsalted butter, country white bread our sourdough bread, thinly sliced smoked ham, Gouda cheese, frisee. From Bon Appetit.
- Golden Gate Grilled Cheese : Made with softened butter, minced garlic, red chile flakes, lightly beaten egg, milk, coarsely grated Parmesan, sourdough bread, thinly sliced turkey, avocado slices, chopped cilantro and muenster cheese. From My Recipes.
- Sage Grilled Cheese : Made with sage leaves, olive oil, rustic bread, Fontina cheese (sliced thin) and pepper. From Serious Eats.