On this page will you find answers for the following:
- Help with no longer receiving email updates from Tipnut
- Can’t get past the Captchas when trying to subscribe
- How to change your email address for receiving Tipnut updates
- How to cancel your email subscription
Not Receiving Tipnut’s Daily Email Updates?
- Within minutes of successfully entering your email address to subscribe, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link inside to click. Make sure you click this confirmation link–no one will receive the summaries until they confirm that they want them (this prevents Spam abuse).
- It could be the filtering settings of your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or email service (Yahoo!, Hotmail, etc.). Look for the emails in the “Junk” or “Spam” folder of your account. If this is happening, add the Tipnut email to your address book to whitelist it. If that doesn’t work, ask your email provider or internet service provider (ISP) how to effectively whitelist an email address so that you can receive it in your inbox trouble free.
- You may have entered your email address incorrectly, try subscribing again.
- All email delivery is handled by Google’s Feedburner service, so no one can be subscribed to Tipnut updates unless they have confirmed the subscription (this is called a double opt-in subscription). Unfortunately, sometimes it happens that people report emails as Spam rather than just clicking the link to unsubscribe (this is at the bottom of every email). Some internet providers then won’t deliver those emails to any of their clients! There’s no way around it unless your internet provider respects your wishes to receive emails from Feedburner or Tipnut–you can call them for support. This happens for every email newsletter, not just Tipnut’s so keep that in mind if any of your favorite email newsletters go missing. One option is to open a free email account on Yahoo! or MSN and you’ll be able to get your emails again.
An option for Twitter users: I’ve just added a Twitter feature on Tipnut (new in April, 2010), you can now keep up to date with new tips by following Tipnut on Twitter. Don’t worry! You will only receive the latest updates on Tipnut, I don’t use the account to chat or distract with other things.
An option for RSS users: If you have a feed reader or can add feeds to follow in your online acccounts (such as My Yahoo!), you can follow Tipnut by RSS updates, link is here: Tipnut’s RSS Feed.
Can’t Get Past The Captchas When Subscribing?
It seems certain versions of the AOL browser can’t successfully submit the numbers and letters in the Captcha form. I don’t have a fix for this yet but I informed Feedburner of the problem. Until it’s fixed the only thing I can suggest is to try subscribing with a different browser (like Internet Explorer or Firefox).
How To Change Subscription Email Address
You can easily change the email address that you receive your subscription to, first:
- Subscribe to Tipnut using the new email address you wish to use (you can do so here: Subscribe By Email).
- Next, confirm the subscription by clicking the link in the confirmation email you receive (at your new email address).
- Finally, delete the subscription being sent to your old email address (you’ll see an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each Daily Tips email you receive from Tipnut–make sure to do this only in the old email account you want to cancel).
Unfortunately I have no way to change your email address for you, this is something that only subscribers can do.
How To Cancel Your Subscription
I appreciate very much that you gave Tipnut a try but if you decide to unsubscribe from the Daily Updates, this is all you need to do:
- It’s easy, just click the link at the bottom of the email where it says: To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubcribe now [link here]