Winter is definitely here where I live, very cold with a couple more months of it stretching out before us.
Sometimes in this weather a deep cold with a congested head, nose and chest sneaks up on us and it’s no fun.
Here’s a nice, soothing remedy that uses a dried herb blend to help break through that uncomfortable stuffiness.
4 tsp peppermint leaves
3 tsp rosemary
3 tsp thyme
(Makes two treatments)
- Mix all the items together, split in half and save one part in an airtight container or ziploc bag.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the 1/2 herbal mixture.
- Cover and steep for 10 minutes.
Follow the instructions for use on this page …
- Place pot on counter or table (on top of a towel to protect the table surface) and remove lid. Cover your head with a large clean towel and position your face over the pot (with the towel acting as a tent over the bowl to capture the steam).
- Keep your eyes closed and your face at least 10 to 12 inches from the boiling water. Enjoy the fragrant heat and relax, but don’t overdo it–keep the time between 5 to 7 minutes.
- When the time is up, splash face with slightly cool water and pat dry.
Do this two nights in a row to help break things up.
- If you have congested nasal passages or a stuffed up head with a severe headache or a toothache or jaw ache that puts you through the roof, you may have a sinus infection–don’t be shy about having your doctor check it out.