A Dozen Carrot Cakes To Make
Posted By Tipnut On September 23, 2010 @ 1:07 pm In Cake Recipes & Tips,Recipes | No Comments
This week’s Recipe Hit List is a collection of over one dozen carrot cake recipes that I’ve handpicked from around the ‘net (many include a few different frosting ideas too). This delicious cake was a specialty of my grandmother’s so I couldn’t help but think of her while I was browsing through them (and I could taste that sweet cream cheese frosting the whole time!). I know this is a favorite cake for many and if you haven’t tried it yet, please do…I know you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Enjoy!
*Note: Descriptions below are quotes from the sources
Make This Delicious Carrot Cake Topped With Cream Cheese Frosting -- Recipe By lovintheoven.com
- Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting : (as seen in picture) So please, cherish this recipe as much as I do. If not the cake, definitely the frosting. I’ve tried plenty of cream cheese frosting recipes and this one still remains my favorite. You can use it on anything else you want– red velvet cupcakes, chocolate cake, banana bread.. Heck, just make it and eat it straight out of the bowl! Recipe from Lovin’ From The Oven.
- The Best Carrot Cake EVER! : Trust me this cake is so good and moist you will be making it all the time. Your eye sight will improve, you skin will develop a healthy orange glow, your mid section with get all squishy and make you all that much more huggable. Ok so the Pillsbury Dough Boy part isn’t great, but the cake is stinking delicious. Recipe from The Noshery.
- The Ultimate Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting : Too often carrot cake seems like a throw back to the 70s, when they were dense and tasted ultimately too good for you. This version is moist, sweet and has a complex combination of spices that all seem to come through. The cream cheese icing is bright and creamy. I added a bit of orange and lemon zest to the icing to bring out those flavors in the cake. I think it is an addition that is key to the success of this cake! From Zoe Bakes.
- Carrot Pulp Cake with Maple-Orange Cream Cheese Frosting : One of the most obvious (and delicious!!!) tips was to turn the pulp leftover from carrot juice into carrot pulp cake. I gave it a shot (using my favorite stand-by recipe that I’ve been making since I was about 14) and came up with a pretty fantastic and perfectly textured version. The trick to using pulp from which all the juice has been extracted, is to replace the missing water content. I used unsweetened applesauce to supplement, but I suspect that crushed pineapple, yogurt, or even a mashed banana could work as well. Found at Always Order Dessert.
- Carrot Cake : It was hands down the best carrot cake I’ve ever had. And with a healthy dose of carrots, raisins, and walnuts, one could argue that it could be eaten in place of a meal (like I did for lunch today!). And it’s a great make-ahead cake as it stays moist and delicious for at least three days and probably longer. In fact, it might be even better after one or two days than it is the day it’s made. The cream cheese icing is delicious, but not too sweet – a perfect complement to the perfect carrot cake. Recipe from Marzipan.
- Tropical Carrot Cake : This carrot cake earns its tropical label by the addition of macadamia nuts, diced pineapple, shredded coconut, and coconut cream. All these tasty mix-ins gave the cake multiple layers of delicious flavor and great texture. However, it also seemed to cause the layers to sink in the center during baking and after cooling. The combination of such a moist cake and so many mix-ins produced a cake that was not the most structurally sound, but it came together alright nonetheless. From Annie’s Eats.
- Sticky Pineapple, Carrot, Ginger and Macadamia Cake : Don’t be daunted by the seemingly long list of ingredients. It takes less time to measure out than you think. Don’t stint on the frosting either. If you’re on a New Year’s health kick (like many people I know), you could substitute some of the sour cream for thick yogurt. Whatever you do, don’t omit the frosting entirely! It truly completes the entire cake-eating experience. Recipe from lemonpi.
- Super Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting : Here’s a super moist, low fat carrot cake recipe perfect for Easter or anytime of the year. This is made with a can of crushed pineapple which makes it very moist. From Gina’s Skinny Recipes.
- Carrot Cake with Maple-Cream Cheese Icing : A standard at health food restaurants across the country, carrot cake was ubiquitous in the seventies. Grated carrots made it a nutritious choice, or so the thinking went. This ultra-moist version is updated with a maple icing. Recipe from Epicurious.
- Carrot & Apple Cake with Cream Cheese & Lime Frosting : So my carrot cake happens to combine carrots with apples, contains no nuts (as I was making the first one for a cake sale and there’s a very strict no-nuts policy at that school) and the icing on the cake is actually not icing, but a cream-cheese and lime frosting. I can’t stress how wonderfully moist this cake is, if you’re a carrot cake novice, there’s no way you can screw this recipe up, so you’re safe here. Go on, give it a try. From The Passionate Cook.
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake : This is the homey breakfast slice you have the morning of your holiday celebration. The kind of cake you feel good eating, and the kind you don’t feel so guilty giving to your kids. No sugar highs here guys! It is also less fussy than the other. It doesn’t require a watchful eye and bakes up rather quickly without any supervision. From Slow Like Honey.
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake : From Elana’s Pantry.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/homemade-carrot-cake/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.lovintheoven.com/2010/02/carrot-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting.html
 The Best Carrot Cake EVER!: http://thenoshery.com/2009/04/30/the-best-carrot-cake-ever/
 The Ultimate Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting: http://zoebakes.com/2008/04/27/the-ultimate-carrot-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting-how-to-assemble-the-cake/
 Carrot Pulp Cake with Maple-Orange Cream Cheese Frosting: http://www.alwaysorderdessert.com/2009/07/earlier-this-year-i-tried-to-make-soup.html
 Carrot Cake: http://marzipanmom.blogspot.com/2010/05/best-carrot-cake.html
 Tropical Carrot Cake: http://www.annies-eats.com/2010/03/31/tropical-carrot-cake/
 Sticky Pineapple, Carrot, Ginger and Macadamia Cake: http://blog.lemonpi.net/?p=3596
 Super Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/super-moist-carrot-cake-with-cream.html
 Carrot Cake with Maple-Cream Cheese Icing: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Carrot-Cake-with-Maple-Cream-Cheese-Icing-102155
 Carrot & Apple Cake with Cream Cheese & Lime Frosting: http://thepassionatecook.typepad.com/thepassionatecook/2009/11/carrot-apple-cake-with-cream-cheese-lime-frosting.html
 Whole Wheat Carrot Cake: http://slowlikehoney.net/2008/11/12/an-oldie-but-a-goodie-2/
 Gluten Free Carrot Cake: http://www.elanaspantry.com/carrot-cake/
Click here to print.