Today’s Recipe Hit List features a yummy autumn favorite: Pumpkin Bread. Not only will this make the kitchen smell great while baking (with all that warmed spice goodness), it will surely be gobbled up quickly too.
I’ve hand-picked several recipes from around the net you can try, each promising to be a delicious comfort food addition to your Fall menu (there’s even a healthified version included). Enjoy!
*Ingredients below are a sample only and not a complete list.
- Toasted Hazelnut Streusel : Topping has finely ground hazelnuts (toasted), packed brown sugar, quick or old fashioned oats and unsalted butter. [Sugar Plum].
- Cream Cheese Rippled : Filling is made with softened cream cheese, granulated white sugar, a couple large eggs and all purpose flour. [17 and Baking].
- With Pecans : Includes canned puree, vanilla yogurt, cinnamon, nutmeg, oil and more. [Baked Perfection].
- Round Loaf : Finished off with an egg glaze (a yolk beaten with a bit of milk) and decorated with seeds. [Happy Home Baking].
- No-Knead : Another round loaf, this has crushed walnuts, rosemary, wheat pastry flour, yeast and more. [(never home)maker].
- With Buttermilk : Yields 2 loaves. [Culinate].
- With Apple : Has a topping made of all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon and unsalted butter. [One Perfect Bite].
- Cloud Topped : Oh wow this is something different, in an attempt to make a marbled swirl version, the cream cheese mixture actually floated to the top while baking, making a sweet cloud. [Food Mayhem].
- Old-Fashioned : Nuts can be added if desired. [New York Chica].
- With Cream Cheese : Also has pecans and raisins. [Cooking With Paula Deen].
- Healthy Makeover : A slimmed down, quick treat that includes low-fat plain yogurt and both all-purpose and whole wheat flours. [Delish].
- Orange Date : Yields 2, incorporates finely shredded orange peel, orange juice, walnuts or pecans, snipped pitted dates or raisins. [Better Homes and Gardens].
- Braid with Ginger : Yields 2 and has grated fresh ginger added, top with pearl sugar. [Toxo Bread].
- With Coconut : Has a cup of sweetened coconut and a couple packages of coconut pudding added (not instant). [Taste and Tell].
- With Honey & Beer : A bit of ground flaxseed is found in this treat (just 1/3 cup). [Culinary Adventures Of A New Wife].
- Spiced : Wheat bran, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice. Roasted seeds (or walnuts) decorate the top. [Chef In You].
- With Olive Oil : Can add dried cranberries, golden raisins, walnuts or pecans if desired. [Serious Eats].
- With Ginger : Drizzled with a simple glaze. [Martha Stewart].
- Pull-Apart : Features a buttered-rum glaze (rum can be replaced with vanilla if you prefer). [Sunny Side Up].