8 Sponge Cakes
Here’s a nice mix of sponge cake recipes for this Recipe Hit List, I’ve handpicked these from around the net and they all look so lovely. Top the cake with mounds of whipped cream and fresh fruits (even preserves will do!) for a nice, light dessert. Enjoy!
*Note: Descriptions below are quotes from the sources
- Victoria Sponge Cake: The classic way to make a Victoria sponge cake is to weigh the eggs on one side of a pair of balance scales (where the weights stand) and weigh the other ingredients on the scale pan so as to be absolutely accurate. I have followed this method faithfully and found that 2 medium eggs weigh 4 oz (110g) but do not provide enough liquid for the mixture – so I now use 2 large eggs and weigh everything else in the usual way. From Delia Online.
- Orange & White Chocolate Sponge: A stunning cake that will fast become a failsafe option for any event. From BBC GoodFood.
- Orange Scented Sponge Cake: I made this Fresh Orange Sponge Cake from my The Fannie Farmer Baking Book. It is a classic and really nothing about it needs changing. It is light and the orange gives the cake a fresh flavor that isn’t overly sweet. Found at Zoe Bakes.
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake: This recipe is definitely a keeper. I love simple and awesome recipes. From Muffinsareuglycupcakes.
- Victoria Sponge Cake (with Jam Filling), Gluten-Free: This is also very easy to make dairy-free. Just use your favorite butter substitute in the place of the butter. From Art Of Gluten-Free Baking.
- Butterscotch Sponge Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe: From Delicious Magazine.
- Perfect Sponge Cake Recipe: Here is “Chef Jeenas perfect sponge cake recipe” that is soft and ultra spongy and light as a feather to hold. From Jeena’s Kitchen.
- No Ovalette Moist Sponge Cake: Verdict? A light sponge that is buttery, moist and tender to the bite. Definitely able to rival one that uses ovalette in the recipe. From The Little Teochew.