Here are a few tips for how to get rid of cockroaches, if you have a surefire method of your own–feel free to share it with everyone and add it below.
Confectioners Sugar or Brown Sugar
- Mix 50/50 flour and boric acid. Sprinkle in some confectioners sugar (about 1/4 of the amount of flour used). Make a dough by adding in water, don’t make it runny.
- Roll the dough into small marble sized balls and place them in corners, dark cupboards, behind heavy appliances, along floor boards and around the garbage.
Within a month the critters should be gone.
If the infestation is particularly bad:
- Double the effort by making a mix of 50/50 boric acid and brown sugar then pour the mixture in a thick line around the entire room and entrance ways. The roaches will get the stuff on their bodies and carry it back to the nest. Once there is no trace of the pest left (usually within the month), vacuum up the powder.
Keep away from children and pets. If you have little ones running around, keep the balls behind furniture and heavy appliances and inside cupboards.
- You can also use Borax as a substitute for the boric acid, but the boric acid is more effective.
- Add some bacon grease to the mixture, makes them a little more tempting and hard to resist.
- Replace old, hardened balls with fresh ones as needed.