How To Remove Coffee & Tea Stains From Mugs & Teapots
If that favorite coffee mug of yours is getting a nasty brown ring inside, here are a few different methods for getting rid of the stains and making it look brand new again (each point is a single tip).
Note: After successfully removing the marks, rinse and wash well before using.
- Wet a cloth then rub with bicarb or salt.
- Try a paste of corn starch and vinegar, apply and let sit for several minutes first before scrubbing.
- Baking soda & lemon juice.
- Salt and vinegar (leave on surface then wash off a few hours later).
Directions: Top up with boiling water, leave for several hours or overnight.
- Baking soda.
- Bleach OR vinegar (do not dilute these with water).
- 2 spoonfuls of dishwasher detergent.
- 2 denture tablets.
Directions: Toss in the ingredients (each line is a single method), fill pot with boiling water then leave overnight.
- Squeeze the juice from a wedge of lemon (1/4) and throw in the peel, add 2 TBS of bicarb.
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Realemon juice.
- A couple denture tablets.
- 4 TBS dishwasher detergent.
- 1/4 cup of washing soda.