Homemade lasagna pulled piping hot from the oven is a favorite chilly-weather comfort food and there are so many different ingredients you can use. Whether you love it filled with meats and topped with lots of cheese or prefer a lighter and leaner vegetable version, this is one dish that nicely accomodates…and it can be pretty easy to make too!
Today’s Hit List is a whopping list of over two dozen recipes that I’ve handpicked from around the ‘net. You’ll find quite a variety of ingredients and methods to choose from here: hearty meat, vegetarian, chicken, spicy and slow cooker style…plenty to try and you’re sure to find a new favorite or two in this tasty bunch!
*Ingredients listed below are a sample only and not complete
- With Roasted Red Peppers : Pasta sauce, no-boil noodles, Chianti (or other red wine), Parmesan, roasted sweet peppers. From Better Homes And Gardens.
- The Lady & Sons : Makes 8 to 10 servings, Gruyere, ground beef, bay leaves, seasonings, green bell peppers, garlic, onions. From Paula Deen.
- With Pesto : Grated nutmeg, baby spinach, lasagna sheets, good quality pesto, cherry tomatoes, basil. From BBC Good Food.
- Easy Mexican Style : Olive oil, onion, diced zucchini, cumin, rinsed black beans, corn niblets, cilantro, whole-wheat flour tortillas, reduced-fat cheddar and reduced-fat sour cream to garnish. From Woman’s Day.
- Spinach & Cheese : Jar pasta sauce, no-boil noodles and seasonings. From Whole Foods Market.
- Spinach and Prosciutto : Part-skim ricotta, minced garlic, thinly sliced prosciutto, shredded part-skim mozzarella and seasonings. From Martha Stewart.
- With Speedy Meat Sauce : Serves 6, Ground beef, Italian sausages (casing removed), crushed or pureed tomatoes, broth, dried oregano, bay leaves, heavy cream and more. From Chef Michael Smith.
- Zucchini : Olive oil, zucchini, ricotta, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, tarragon, flour, fresh pasta, fresh tomatoes. From Williams-Sonoma.
- Italian Sausage : Turkey sausage, part-skim-ricotta, parsley, marinara, Alfredo sauce, sun-dried tomato pesto. From Kitchen Daily.
- Brown Butter Sage Mushroom : Unsalted butter, sage, ricotta, toasted pine nuts, nutmeg, shredded gruyere. From The Petite Pig.
- Black Bean : Chipotle peeper in adobo sauce, flour tortillas, onion, cooked black beans with seasonings, cilantro, roasted poblanos and peppers. From Too Many Chefs.
- Angela’s With Zucchini : Bread crumbs, dried oregano and basil, grated Parmesan or Romano. From The Italian Dish.
- Petite Cups : Wonton wrappers are formed into individual cups before layering ingredients, made with ground turkey, minced garlic and more. From Can You Stay For Dinner.
- Wild & Mild : Both dried and fresh mushrooms, thyme, flat leaf parsley. From Once Upon A Plate.
- Bolognese, Simplified : Chopped carrot, celery, ground beef and pork, ground veal, white wine, tomato paste. Bechamel is made with butter, whole milk. From Cafe Johnsonia.
- Artichoke : Frozen artichoke hearts (thawed), sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, Marsala wine, whole milk, nutmeg. From Ward Street Bistro.
- Thousand Layer : Fresh egg pasta sheets, fine grain sea salt, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon zest, mozzarella, basil. From 101 Cookbooks.
- Vegetarian with Spinach and Ricotta Filling : Onion, cauliflower florets, lemon zest, no-boil noodles. From Herbivoracious.
- Freeze Ahead : Frozen chopped spinach (thawed), frozen peas, carrots. From Martha Stewart.
- Enchilada Style : Chicken breast, cream soups, sour cream, green chilies, small corn tortillas, cumin. From Mogwai Soup.
- Alfredo Chicken : Cottage cheese, seasoning, dried parsley flakes. From Taste of Home.
- Chicken with Roasted Garlic Bechamel : Butternut squash, beet greens or Swiss chard, hazelnuts, prosciutto, Bechamel or Parmesan Mornay, Italian parsley. From The Feast Within.
- Crockpot Version : A box of noodles, cooked hamburger, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella. From Southern Plate.
- Butternut Squash : Crimini mushrooms, butternut squash, vegetable broth, thyme, sage, eggs and more. From Bon Appetit.
- Ground Beef & 4 Cheeses : Yields 12 servings, low-moisture part-skim mozzarella, oregano and more. From Kraft Recipes.
- With Summer Basil-Cream Sauce : Yields 6 to 8, Low-sodium chicken base, garlic, seasoning, lemon zest and juice, basil. From The Cozy Apron.