Looking for quick meal ideas? Try lettuce wraps! They can be made with ingredients as simple or as elaborate as you like, hitting the spot on hot summer days when you’re wanting something a little lighter yet still satisfying. Today’s Recipe Hit List features dozens of ideas that I’ve handpicked from around the ‘net, each with a cooked or stir-fried filling and I’ve separated them into four groups for easier browsing: Beef, Chicken, Pork & Turkey. Enjoy!
- Thai-Style Sliced-Beef : Ingredients include chopped fresh cilantro, tamarind paste, hoisin sauce (or barbecue sauce), soy sauce, grated peeled fresh ginger, grated zest and juice of both orange and lime, minced scallions, minced garlic clove, honey, thinly sliced fresh red or green chile, skirt steak, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and Bibb lettuce (or endive leaves). From Leite’s Culinaria.
- Sweet & Spicy : Ingredients include soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, sriracha chili sauce (optional), finely chopped green onions, garlic powder, ginger powder, flank steak (or chicken breasts), vegetable oil and juice of lemon. Top with broccoli slaw, chopped green onions. From Le Petit Brioche.
- With Sriracha-Honey Beef : Made with thinly sliced lean beef, sriracha sauce, honey, minced garlic, juice of lemon and red wine. From Healthy And Gourmet.
- Asian Ground Beef : Ingredients include ground beef, minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, sliced green onions, water chestnuts, soy sauce, hoisin sauce for dipping. From Cooking During Stolen Moments.
- Asian With Peanut Sauce : Serves 4. Ingredients include vegetable oil, chopped onion, diced carrot, diced red bell pepper, extra-lean ground beef, light coconut milk, natural peanut butter, low-sodium soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, minced garlic, honey, sesame seeds, minced fresh ginger, hot Asian chili sauce, chopped cilantro or parsley, chopped green onions. From Art of Living Well.
- Teriyaki : Made with shredded carrots, green sweet peppers (cut into strips), rice wine vinegar, salt, lean ground beef, roasted-garlic teriyaki liquid meat marinade, fresh jalapeno chile peppers, water, rice wine vinegar and green onions. From Better Homes & Gardens.
- Asian : (as seen in picture above) Serves 4, made with flank steak, coarse salt, ground pepper, cellophane or bean-thread noodles, vegetable oil, scallions, fresh lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro, minced garlic, peeled & pitted mango. From Martha Stewart.
- Sesame : Serves 2 to 3, made with cooked rice, carrots, green onions, minute steak or flank steak. Marinade: garlic cloves, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, grated ginger, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, fresh ground pepper. Korean Barbecue Dipping Sauce: chopped garlic, sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha chile sauce, sesame oil, minced green onion, sesame seeds and water. From Under The Highchair.
- Quick Chinese : Ingredients include sesame or peanut oil, ground chicken, mushrooms, water chestnuts (optional), yellow onion, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and brown sugar. From Chaos In The Kitchen.
- Wanna-be PF Chang’s : Stir fry ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil, boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed), sliced water chestnuts, minced mushrooms, finely chopped onion, finely chopped garlic. Stir-fry sauce: soy sauce, brown sugar and rice wine vinegar. Pouring sauce: sugar, warm water, gluten free tamari (or regular soy sauce), rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice, sesame oil, hot water, dijon mustard and minced garlic. From Wasabimon.
- Lettuce Wrapped Chicken : Made with boneless and skinless chicken breast (ground), dried shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped garlic cloves and finely chopped water chestnuts. Items are marinated in: soy sauce, oyster sauce, sweet or dark soy sauce, salt, Shaoxing wine, sugar, corn starch, finely chopped scallion and white pepper powder and then cooked. Two dipping sauce recipes included (Hoisin-Ponzu and Sweet Chili Sauce). From Rasa Malaysia.
- Chinese with Chicken, Water Chestnuts & Bell Peppers : Ingredients include de-boned chicken thighs or breasts, strips of red bell pepper, strips of zucchini, water chestnuts, soy sauce, Chinese hsiao xing rice wine or white wine and a pinch of sugar. From Wandering Chopsticks.
- Chinese : Ingredients include boneless skinless chicken thighs, shiitake mushrooms (fresh or rehydrated), garlic clove, fresh ginger, green onion and bamboo shoots. Sauce recipe: hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, water, sesame oil and cornstarch. From Made Healthier.
- Asian : (as seen in picture above) Ingredients include canola oil, dark sesame oil, rice vinegar, low-sodium soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, grated peeled fresh ginger, grated orange rind, minced garlic cloves, sea salt, skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooking spray, Boston lettuce leaves, fresh mint leaves, bean sprouts, lime wedges and chopped peanuts (optional). From My Recipes.
- Chinese Minced Chicken : Ingredients include ground chicken, chopped cashews, shiitake mushrooms, chopped scallions, soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine or dry sherry, cornstarch, sugar, Kosher salt, freshly ground white pepper, peanut oil, finely chopped garlic, served with Sweet Asian chile sauce. From Saveur.
- Grilled Chicken : Ingredients include fresh cilantro, vegetable oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, firmly packed brown sugar, minced fresh ginger, sesame oil, garlic cloves, boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped water chestnuts, minced green onions, butter lettuce. Dipping sauce: hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, rice wine vinegar. From The Picky Apple.
- Pork Stir-Fry : Serves 4, ingredients include peanut oil, finely chopped ginger, finely chopped garlic, ground pork, salt & pepper (to taste), sliced button mushrooms, red onion, dry sherry, low-sodium soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, red bell pepper, carrot (cut into matchsticks), mung bean sprouts (optional), thinly sliced celery, chopped cilantro, sliced green onions. From Whole Foods Market.
- Pork : Ingredients include chopped garlic, hoisin sauce, oil, finely chopped yellow onion, finely chopped ginger, ground pork, finely diced red pepper, finely diced carrot, finely diced red potato, chopped & sliced water chestnuts. From Serious Eats.
- Moo Shu Pork : Ingredients include hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic, grated fresh ginger, Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, pork tenderloin (trimmed & cut into thin strips), sesame oil, shiitake mushrooms, bag of coleslaw mix, thinly sliced scallions and Bibb lettuce leaves. From The Noshery.
- Asian Ground Pork : Ingredients include rice (optional), butter or iceberg lettuce leaves, lean ground pork, canola or vegetable oil, diced sweet onion, minced fresh garlic, reduced salt soy sauce, hoisin sauce, minced ginger, rice wine vinegar, purple or green cabbage (sliced thin & chopped) and dark sesame oil. From Cari Cooks.
- Saucy : Ingredients include Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce, sherry cooking wine, cornstarch, ground pork, diced yellow onion, minced garlic, minced cilantro, sesame seed oil. From Simply Scratch.
- Pork & Shrimp : Ingredients include ground pork, soy sauce, cornstarch, vegetable oil, chopped onion, brunoised carrots, chopped shrimp, sa cha sauce, mutsu apple. From Food Mayhem.
- Ground Turkey : Ingredients include canola oil, extra lean ground turkey (or any ground meat), shallot, minced garlic, scallions, large stalks of lemongrass, chopped cashews, seasoned rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic chili sauce, chopped cilantro and butter lettuce leaves (or your favorite) for serving. From The Novice Chef.
- Five-Spice : (as seen in picture above) Ingredients include instant brown rice, sesame oil, lean ground turkey, minced fresh ginger, finely diced red bell pepper, water chestnuts, reduced-sodium chicken broth, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder, salt, fresh herbs (such as cilantro, basil, mint, chives) and shredded carrot. From Eating Well.
- Crispy Ginger-and-Garlic : Made with finely chopped carrots, water, lean ground turkey, shiitake mushrooms, water chestnuts, minced garlic cloves, minced fresh ginger, teriyaki sauce, creamy peanut butter, sesame oil, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, sliced green onions and hoisin sauce (optional). From My Recipes.
- Turkey Taco : Made with lean ground turkey, garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika, oregano, minced onion, minced bell pepper, water, tomato sauce. From Skinny Taste.
- Weeknight Asian Turkey : Ingredients include extra virgin olive oil, finely chopped onion, ground turkey breast, salt, pepper, garlic salt, broccoli slaw, water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil. From Erin’s Food Files.
- Teriyaki : Made with ground turkey, shredded carrots, sliced scallions, teriyaki sauce (prepared) and iceberg lettuce (leaves separated). From Rachael Ray.
- Asian with Noodles : Ingredients include organic ground turkey (or extra lean beef), red onion, juice from fresh limes, chopped cilantro, chopped mint, red pepper flakes, minced garlic, light soy sauce, sugar, rice noodles and lime wedges (optional). From Cilantropist.
- With Mango : Ingredients include olive oil, garlic cloves, coarsely shredded carrots, black pepper, ground turkey (or chicken), sweet sour sauce (prepared), rice vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, mango cubes. From Dole.
- Stir-Fried : Ingredients include soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, vegetable oil, shallot, peeled fresh ginger, minced garlic, jalapeno or serrano chile (seeded and finely chopped), ground turkey. From Martha Stewart.
- Asian : Ingredients include vegetable oil, chopped onion, minced garlic, ground turkey (or pork), chicken broth, hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, bean sprouts, shredded carrots and soy sauce. From Noble Pig.
- Asian Lettuce Cups : Sauce ingredients: hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ground black pepper, Sriracha hot sauce. Filling: finely minced garlic, grated fresh ginger, scallions, ground turkey (or chicken), mixed vegetables (such as frozen pea/carrots, finely diced bell peppers, etc.), finely diced green apple. Toppings: Mung Bean Noodles, thin strips of carrot. From Steamy Kitchen.