With a binder or planner, some paper and a printer–you’ve got all you need to setup a complete household management hot spot: your Household Organizer (aka Household Notebook, Journal, or Planner).
These are a great tool to keep your household chores, To Do lists, activities and notes organized. You may also find they help motivate you to keep things moving on a daily basis.
Visit the links below for examples and instructions for a few different systems and inspiration galore. You’ll also find some free printables & tools to use listed at the bottom, make them as pretty or simple as you like!
Household Organizer Ideas & Inspiration
- Building Your Own Control Journal 
- By Sunlight & Candlelight – My Homekeeping Notebook 
- Household Notebook: Make Your Own Planner for an Organized Home 
- Such Treasures: Our Household Notebook 
- Foss Family Home Companion 
- Household Organizational Binder 
- How To Build A Notebook 
Free Printables & Home Management Tools
- Household Notebooks Made Beautiful 
- Full-sized Household Planner Printables  (see menu links across the top, more printables offered)
- Printable Household Planner Pages 
- Yellow Mums: Monthly Menu Planner 
- Life Your Way: Home Management Notebook Printables 
- Colorful Busy Week Planner Page 
- The Ultimate Grocery List 
- Finally Free Planner Printable : Nice freebie! Planner pages have divided slots from Monday thru Sunday with enough space to write in schedule, menu plans, etc. The beauty is that this planner won’t expire since you fill in the month and dates (though the calendar pages are dated for 2011). Free pdf downloads.
- Monthly Budget Printable : Nicely done design with itemized expenses on the left side of page (mortgage/rent, insurance, utilities, etc.), then actual amounts spent on the right side of page.
- Floral Patterned Cleaning Schedule : List of chores with check boxes for each day of the week, includes spaces for Week Of & Extra Chores.
- Weekly Cleaning Calendar : A checklist of chores for each day of the week plus blank lines for “Other”. Free pdf download.
- Daily Routine Planner Sheets : Free pdf downloads for both single and double pages. Items documented include a meal plan, exercise, daily water intake, appointments and more.
- Weekly Docket Chore Checklist : Has spaces to list tasks, projects and activities for the week plus chores to do Monday through Friday.
- Daily Housekeeping Schedule : A quick reference noting daily upkeep and chores for each day of the week (Monday through Sunday). Includes a quote from Ecclesiastes “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.”
- Weekly Planner With Menu For Each Day Of The Week & Shopping List : Single pdf download with sheet in 8 color schemes (including grey & white).
- To Do / Exercise / Water / Household Plan : A little bit of everything on this list: Daily Tasks; Household Tasks (weekly & to do); Exercise; Water Intake. Both blank and noted task versions available.
- Weekly Cleaning Schedule : A full page sheet (pdf download) with space for each day of the week. You can personalize tasks with an image editing program or just write it in.
- Pretty Vintage Weekly Planner : Lovely page filled with vintage graphics, has a section to track what’s needed around the house (Mon – Sun), a section for Dinner ideas, Appointments, noting Purposeful Moments and a quote “I will hold myself to a standard of Grace, not perfection”.
- Assorted Schedules : You’ll find a weekly docket for tracking chores and errands plus a daily food diary to download.
- Family Planner Set : Includes a childcare schedule, meal planning, enrichment activities, medical information, school schedule and title page.
- The Day’s Draft : I think I just found a new favorite, this sheet is separated into different sections for both practical and spiritual reminders.
- Daily Schedule : One section for Daily Upkeep, the rest of the chores are separated into daily boxes.
- Quick Cleaning Cards : One card for each day of the week for quick 15 minute chores, plus an extra one for monthly goals.
- Daily Stuff : Available in both pdf and .docx (this one can be edited), has Today’s Schedule, Daily Chores, What’s For Dinner and a quick To Do List.
- The Homemakers Creed : (Christian) If you believe that serving your family is a priority and an honor, here’s a nice pledge to print off and keep handy.
You’ll also want to check out these Nifty Meal Planners & Organizers To Make (or Print) , this system for keeping your household paperwork in check: Home Management Tip: Household Inbox System  and this simple method for managing your household budget: Simple Budget Organization Method That Works .