14 Pineapple Cakes To Make
Posted By Tipnut On October 21, 2010 @ 6:05 am In Cake Recipes & Tips,Recipes | No Comments
This week’s Recipe Hit List is a collection of over a dozen recipes for a nice assortment of pineapple cakes, many are surprisingly quick and easy to prepare. Baking with pineapple is popular since it ensures a moist, flavorful cake that you’ll surely become a fan of on the first bite. I’ve handpicked these from around the ‘net trying to give a nice selection (bundt, upside-down, loaf, layered cakes, etc.), enjoy!
*Note: Descriptions below are quotes from the sources
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Is A Classic Favorite - Find Three Different Recipes In The List Below
- Makeover Pineapple Nut Cake Recipe : This moist, chunky Makeover Pineapple Nut Cake from our Test Kitchen has even more tangy, tropical flavor than the original from Alice Hofmann, Sussex, Wisconsin. Now she can enjoy it even more often! From Taste of Home.
- Pineapple Shortcake : A layer of moist cake on the bottom and topped with a layer a gooey buttery pineapple and crunchy caramelized walnuts. From My Kitchen Snippets.
- Hummingbird Cake : Supposedly hummingbird cake is a southern specialty. I happened upon this recipe on another food blog. With all the cream cheese, pineapple, banana, and pecans it sure seems southern to me! Whether or not it’s truly traditional, as long as it’s delicious I don’t really care! We devoured this triple decker after our Easter Sunday dinner. The cake is moist and nutty and the frosting was spectacular! Recipe from A Hint of Honey.
- Pineapple Upside-Down Pumpkin Gingerbread : This retro favorite was popularized by the Hawaiian Pineapple Company and Gold Medal Flour in the 1920s. Here, the classic goes autumnal with the addition of pumpkin, molasses, and a mix of warming spices. Recipe from Bon Appetit.
- Coconut-Pineapple Loaf Cake : Toasted coconut balances the tart sweetness of pineapple and provides a crunchy topping for this buttery cake. Not too delicate, it’s a treat just right for toting. Recipe from Martha Stewart.
- Pineapple Bundt Cake : The cake was dense, but moist and sweet. Really great with morning tea (which is what I’ve been doing for the past couple morning). A great way to end the summer and let in the flavors of fall crawl in. From Genesis of a Cook.
- Best Ever Pineapple Upside Down Cake : This 70-year-old recipe is my grandmother’s. It’s everything you expect a classic pineapple upside-down cake to be: light, moist, and sticky sweet. Recipe from Food Blogga.
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake : Bake a classic dessert! Buttery rich and caramely pineapple take this yellow cake. From Betty Crocker.
- Pineapple Coffee Cake : Recipe from Dole.
- Pineapple Tea Cake : I give you… Pineapple Tea Cake – a quick simple cake with a festive fruity face! Found at Meet Me At Mike’s.
- Pineapple Coffee Cake : Nonfat plain yogurt stands in for sour cream to add moisture and tenderness to this lightened-up pineapple coffee cake. Best of all, you can mix the batter and have this wholesome breakfast treat in the oven in under 15 minutes—that’s healthy in a hurry. Recipe from Eating Well.
- Pineapple Gooey Butter Cake : I decided to pretty much abandon the Paula Deen recipe and try one from All Recipes instead. In the end, I combined what I felt was the best of each recipe into something that turned out to be truly fabulous! A layer of yellow cake on the bottom topped with a layer of gooey, buttery, pineapple-cream-cheesey deliciousness. Ooooooh yeah! This is sweet, rich and not for the faint of heart but it’s goooooood! From The Repressed Pastry Chef.
- Buttery Pineapple Cake : There is not a lot a cleanup, since it is a one bowl and no mixer required cake. This cake is also so moist and fragrant that it would work great for a layered cake with something like butter cream icing. The Witchy Kitchen.
- Pineapple Stir Cake : You may have seen similar desserts called “dump cakes” ~ a name I never warmed up too ~ but this one differs in that it doesn’t start with a cake mix. But don’t let that discourage you. Trust me, it’s just as simple to put together, and the end result is so, so worth it. From At The Bakers Bench.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/make-pineapple-cake/
URLs in this post:
 Makeover Pineapple Nut Cake Recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Makeover-Pineapple-Nut-Cake
 Pineapple Shortcake: http://www.mykitchensnippets.com/2009/05/pineapple-shortcake.html
 Hummingbird Cake: http://www.ahintofhoney.com/2010/04/hummingbird-cake.html
 Pineapple Upside-Down Pumpkin Gingerbread: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2008/10/pineapple_upside_down_pumpkin_gingerbread
 Coconut-Pineapple Loaf Cake: http://www.marthastewart.com/339863/coconut-pineapple-loaf-cake
 Pineapple Bundt Cake: http://asweetfantasy.blogspot.com/2008/10/pineapple-bundt-cake.html
 Best Ever Pineapple Upside Down Cake: http://foodblogga.blogspot.com/2008/12/recipe-for-best-ever-pineapple-upside.html
 Pineapple Upside Down Cake: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/pineapple-upside-down-cake/a1c9a639-0748-4f2c-89f5-fd33cf138986
 Pineapple Coffee Cake: http://www.dole.com/EatRightLanding/EatRightRecipe/RecipeDetail/tabid/596/Default.aspx?contentid=1946
 Pineapple Tea Cake: http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com/2008/12/recipes-from-heartland-pineapple-tea.html
 Pineapple Coffee Cake: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/pineapple_coffee_cake.html
 Pineapple Gooey Butter Cake: http://therepressedpastrychef.com/2009/03/29/pineapple-gooey-butter-cake/
 Buttery Pineapple Cake: http://thewitchykitchen.blogspot.com/2010/02/buttery-pineapple-cake.html
 Pineapple Stir Cake: http://www.atthebakersbench.com/2009/03/create-stir-with-pineapple-stir-cake.html
Click here to print.