20 Ways To Make A Fresh Spinach Salad
Posted By Tipnut On March 25, 2011 @ 12:10 pm In Recipes | 3 Comments
I wasn’t a fan of spinach while growing up and never thought in a million years there would ever be a day I’d like it. We had it every once in awhile with dinner and in those days, you ate what was served with no complaint! It wasn’t until I was an adult that I discovered it was very, very good when served fresh in a salad (we always had it canned which can be very strong and bitter in taste, especially to a child). If your childhood experiences turned you off from it (just like mine did), consider giving this nutrient rich leafy green another try and you’ll likely find yourself surprised at how good it really is.
Today’s Recipe Hit List is a collection of assorted recipes for spinach salad that I’ve handpicked from around the net, each has their own homemade dressing or vinaigrette to serve it with and they look so good and super simple to make. Mix fresh leaves with a few slices of fruit or vegetables, maybe a bit of cheese and chopped nuts then toss with a tasty dressing and you have yourself an impressive dish. Enjoy!
A Quick & Easy Dish
- With Japanese Ginger Dressing : Ingredients include minced onion, peanut or canola oil, distilled white vinegar, grated fresh ginger, ketchup, reduced-sodium soy sauce, minced garlic, salt, freshly ground pepper, grated carrot, sliced red bell pepper. From Eating Well.
- Jamie’s Salad : Ingredients include butter, slivered almonds, dried cranberries, toasted sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, minced onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, olive oil. From More Than Burnt Toast.
- Greek Style : Ingredients include dried Greek or Turkish oregano, garlic, coarse salt, red-wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, feat cheese, green or red bell pepper, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, chopped red onion, Kalamata olives, salt and freshly ground black pepper. From Culinate.
- Asian Style with Orange & Avocado : Ingredients include chopped shallots, seasoned rice vinegar, vegetable oil, minced peeled fresh ginger, Asian sesame oil, navel orange, wedges of avocado. From Epicurious.
- Sassa’s Recipe : Ingredients include sun-dried tomatoes, dried cranberries, roasted pine nuts, diced avocado, crumbled feta cheese, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, freshly squeezed lime juice, sea salt & freshly ground pepper. From Whole Foods Market.
- Loaded Version : Ingredients include eggs, Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing (recipe included), canned beets, shredded carrots, chopped pecans (toasted). From Eating Well.
- With Avocado and Sesame Wasabi Dressing : Ingredients include diced avocado, Lebanese cucumber, sesame seeds, juiced lime, freshly grated wasabi stem, soy sauce, sesame oil, peanut oil, rice wine vinegar, ground white pepper. From Fig & Cherry.
- With Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette : Ingredients include dried cranberries, toasted sliced almonds, fresh orange juice, orange zest, balsamic vinegar, honey, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. From A Hint of Honey.
- With Mulberries, Roasted Beets, Goat Cheese & Walnuts : Ingredients include beets, walnuts, mulberries, flavored or plain goat cheese, Pompeian Pomegranate Infused Balsamic Vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. From The Cooking Photographer.
- Sweet & Sour Version : Ingredients include bacon, tarragon vinegar, honey, grated fresh lemon peel, juice of lemon, hard cooked egg (grated), sharp cheddar cheese. From The National Honey Board.
- With Sweet ‘N Sassy Bacon Dressing : Ingredients include sliced bacon, red wine vinegar and honey. From The National Honey Board.
- With Fresh Strawberry Dressing & Toasted Pecans : Ingredients include sliced strawberries, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, sea salt, toasted pecan halves, thinly sliced red onion (optional). From Enlightened Cooking.
- With Strawberries and Nectarines : Ingredients include sliced nectarines, sliced strawberries, vegetable oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, sugar, dry mustard, sunflower seeds. From Serious Eats.
- With Black Olive Vinaigrette : Ingredients include extra-virgin olive oil, red-wine vinegar or lemon juice, Kalamata olives (chopped), salt, pepper, sliced cucumber, sliced red onion. From Eating Well.
- With Apple, Dried Apricots & Pappadam Croutons : Ingredients include extra-virgin olive oil, curry powder, ground cumin, minced garlic, fresh lemon juice, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. From Fine Cooking.
- With Red Quinoa & Feta : Ingredients include red quinoa, olive oil, red wine vinegar, crushed garlic, ground cumin, crumbled feta cheese, chopped cucumber, shredded spring onions. From BBC Good Food.
- With Apple, Currants & Walnuts : Ingredients include sliced apple, currants, walnuts, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. From Elana’s Pantry.
- With Roasted Red Pepper : Ingredients include whole roasted red peppers, whole flax seeds, shredded mozzarella cheese, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Kosher salt & pepper. From GreenLiteBites.
- With Lime Soy Vinaigrette : Ingredients include sliced hard-boiled eggs, turkey or pork bacon slices, mushroom, chopped purple onion. Dressing ingredients include olive oil, soy sauce, juice of limes, minced garlic, black pepper, curry powder. From Sauce and Sensibility.
- With Pomegranate : Ingredients include extra virgin olive oil, balsamic dressing, sea salt, sugar, pomegranate, spanish onion, crumbled feta, fresh mint leaves. From Taste Buddies.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/make-spinach-salad/
URLs in this post:
 With Japanese Ginger Dressing: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/spinach_salad_with_japanese_ginger_dressing.html
 Jamie’s Salad: http://morethanburnttoast.blogspot.com/2010/01/recipe-for-jamies-spinach-salad.html
 Greek Style: http://www.culinate.com/recipes/collections/Culinate+Kitchen/Salads/Greek+Spinach+Salad
 Asian Style with Orange & Avocado: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Asian-Spinach-Salad-with-Orange-and-Avocado-241325
 Sassa’s Recipe: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/652
 Loaded Version: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/loaded_spinach_salad.html
 With Avocado and Sesame Wasabi Dressing: http://www.figandcherry.com/recipes/vegetarian/spinach-avocado-salad-sesame-shima-wasabi-dressing/
 With Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette: http://www.ahintofhoney.com/2009/08/spinach-salad-with-orange-vinaigrette.html
 With Mulberries, Roasted Beets, Goat Cheese & Walnuts: http://www.thecookingphotographer.com/2009/07/chopped-spinach-salad-with-mulberries.html
 Sweet & Sour Version: http://www.honey.com/recipes/detail/14/sweet-and-sour-spinach-salad
 With Sweet ‘N Sassy Bacon Dressing: http://www.honey.com/recipes/detail/14/spinach-salad-with-sweet-n-sassy-bacon-dressing
 With Fresh Strawberry Dressing & Toasted Pecans: http://enlightenedcooking.blogspot.com/2010/03/spinach-salad-with-fresh-strawberry.html
 With Strawberries and Nectarines: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/08/cook-the-book-spinach-salad-with-strawberries.html
 With Black Olive Vinaigrette: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/spinach_salad_with_black_olive_vinaigrette.html
 With Apple, Dried Apricots & Pappadam Croutons: http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/spinach-salad-apple-apricot-pappadam-croutons.aspx
 With Red Quinoa & Feta: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8176/index.html
 With Apple, Currants & Walnuts: http://www.elanaspantry.com/spinach-salad/
 With Roasted Red Pepper: http://greenlitebites.com/2008/06/13/roasted-red-pepper-and-spinach-salad/
 With Lime Soy Vinaigrette: http://www.sauceandsensibility.com/?p=782
 With Pomegranate: http://allthingsnice.typepad.com/tastebuddies/2009/04/pomegranate-spinach-salad.html
Click here to print.