18 Ways To Make Stuffed Peppers
Here’s a nice collection of recipes for stuffed peppers that I’ve handpicked from around the ‘net. Most are made with the ever-popular bell pepper, but there are a few different varieties included as well (some even healthified too!).
This is a popular dish that can be enjoyed as a side, a main or even an appetizer, and they’re so easy to make too (don’t we all like that!).
- Hickory Smoked-Meat: (anaheim) Ingredients include a mixture of pork and beef, a cup of beer (!), cheese and bacon (to wrap). From Cow Girl’s Country.
- Slow Cooker Italian Style: Made with ground beef, rice, mozzarella, onion, crushed tomatoes and grated Parmesan cheese. From Delish.
- With Sausage & Cheese: Ingredients include bread crumbs, pecorino cheese and hot Italian sausage. From Serious Eats.
- Skillet-Style: Ingredients include Italian turkey sausage, mushrooms, shallots and cheddar cheese. From Razor Family Farms.
- Spicy Version: Made with lean ground beef, rice and picante sauce. From Taste of Home.
- With Steak, Brown Rice & Veggies: Ingredients include brown rice, lean steak, peas, broccoli florets and tomato. From Poor Girl Eats Well.
- Spanish Style: Made with ground chicken (all white meat), onion, piquillo peppers, raisins, rice and cheese. From Rachael Ray Show.
- Pizza Version: Made with orzo, pepperoni (or reduced-fat turkey pepperoni), pasta sauce and mozzarella. From Healthy Delicious.
- Picadillo: Made with ground beef, green and black olive pasta sauce, zucchini and onions. From Woman’s Day.
- With Sausage: Ingredients include long-grain brown rice, diced onion, turkey Sweet Italian Sausage (or your choice), ground fennel, dried Greek or Turkish oregano, grated Parmesan and mozzarella. From Kalyn’s Kitchen.
- Seasonal Style: Barley, cranberries, cinnamon, carrot, pumpkin seeds… all these wonderful seasonal flavors melded perfectly with the soft juicy flesh of the peppers. Found at Straight From The Farm.
- Healthified Version: Healthy version with ingredients including quinoa and turkey meat. From Bethenny Frankel.
- With Ground Turkey: Serves 4 to 6 and includes items such as ground turkey, zucchini, onion, garlic, tomato, feta cheese and more. From Epicurious.
- With Grilled Black Beans: (Meatless) Ingredients include a can of black beans, green onions, garlic and tomato. From Eat Better America.
- With Beef Mixture: They are so easy to prepare – made with a beef mixture, topped with some cheese, and baked in the oven until the cheese is lightly brown in color. From Seasaltwithfood.
- Poblanos: Ingredients include spicy jalapeno chicken sausage, salsa and corn. From Elly Says Opa!
- With Feta: Made with fresno chiles (or anaheim), feta, Greek yogurt, minced fresh parsley, lemon zest, dried oregano, egg yolks and grated Parmesan. From Saveur.
- With Mushrooms & Ricotta: You’ll need chopped fresh oyster and chestnut mushrooms, olive oil, ricotta, dried porcini mushrooms, wholegrain mustard and pecorino cheese. From BBC Food.