Meatball Palooza: 15+ Recipes To Try
Posted By Tipnut On October 15, 2009 @ 1:04 pm In Recipes | No Comments
One guess for what’s on the menu at my house tonight…my problem though: which recipe to choose? These all look soooo good! This week’s Hit List is a tempting collection I’ve handpicked from around the web, some traditional favorites like Italian, sweet & sour and Swedish are included but I’ve also found other tasty treasures that I can’t wait to try.
If your family loves meatballs, I’m sure you’ll find a new favorite in this list . Enjoy!
- Incredible : Promises great flavor and texture, these are made with hamburger, Parmesan, panko, oregano and more. Baked for 30 minutes (350°F). [Cook With Honey].
- Spicy Coffee Glazed : Yum! The glaze is made with brown sugar, Starbucks French Roast Coffee and Siracha. [That's so Michelle].
- Sweet & Sour : Promises to be the best you’ll ever have, includes jellied cranberries, plain tomato sauce, shredded cabbage and more. [Katherine Martinelli].
- Mountain : Cheddar, red onions, oregano, cumin, coriander, pepper & salt, nutmeg, Dijon, chili powder and more. Sauce includes bell & chili peppers, plum tomatoes, molasses, brown sugar, cider vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire, sweet smokey paprika powder, cocoa, granulated coffee. [KayoticKitchen].
- Roman-Style : Nice & hearty, these are made with beef, pork and bits of prosciutto and simmered in a delicious tomato sauce. [Williams-Sonoma].
- Slowcooker : Yields 16 and needs 4 hours cooking time, has whole plum tomatoes and paste, extra virgin olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, bay leaf, Pecorino cheese and more. [Canadian Family].
- Taco Ring : While it looks complicated, this attractive filled ring is really very easy to assemble, the crescent roll dough is a nice change from the usual tortilla shells or chips. [Taste Of Home].
- In Tomato Basil Cream : Not only are these so simple to make (only 4 ingredients!) but this yields a big batch. The article recommends to use some now and freeze the rest for later. [Krista's Kitchen].
- Porcupine : Will freeze perfectly either before or after baking. Filled with fully cooked rice (can be brown), shredded Cheddar, assorted seasonings. [Cooking During Stolen Moments].
- Freezer : You can substitute lean ground chicken, lamb, pork or turkey for the beef. Makes about 150, enough for 4 meals of 4 servings each. [The Canadian Living Test Kitchen].
- Mozzarella-Stuffed : Prep time is 25 minutes, includes plain bread crumbs, milk or water, garlic cloves, crushed tomatoes (canned), lean sirloin, flat-leaf parsley, freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, an egg. [Every Day With Rachel Ray].
- Moroccan Spiced (Lamb) : Topped off with a lemon mint sauce (low fat Greek yogurt, lemon zest, fresh mint, garlic). Meat mixture: grated ginger, garlic, ras el hanout (or curry powder and garam masala), ground turkey & lamb. [Culinary Adventures Of A New Wife].
- Sweet & Sour : Tender and perfectly seasoned, items needed: quick oats, slightly beaten eggs, onion, milk, Worcestershire, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire. [My Kitchen Cafe].
- Asian : Yields about 20 pieces, ground pork, minced garlic, Kosher salt, fresh ginger, cilantro, roasted sesame seeds, an egg, minced serrano peppers, plain dry bread crumbs. [Life's Ambrosia].
- Swedish : Serve over wide egg noodles with a mix of steamed vegetables on the side but can be a terrific party food as well. Ingredients include white bread, milk, clarified butter, onion, ground chuck and pork, egg yolks, nutmeg and assorted spices, all-purpose flour, broth and heavy cream. [Once Upon A Plate].
- Tomato & Chipotle : Stuffed with chopped zucchini and onion and braised directly in a simmering sauce. [The Wednesday Chef].
- Grandma Maroni’s (100 Years Old) : Oven-baked, these are made with chuck, dried bread crumbs, eggs, whole milk, Romano, grated Spanish onion, garlic, Italian parsley leaves and fresh basil. [Food Network].
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/meatball-recipes/
URLs in this post:
 Incredible: http://cookwithhoney.blogspot.ca/2012/04/jens-incredible-baked-meatballs.html
 Spicy Coffee Glazed: http://www.thatssomichelle.com/2012/05/spicy-coffee-glazed-meatballs.html
 Sweet & Sour: http://www.katherinemartinelli.com/blog/2012/sweet-and-sour-meatballs/
 Mountain: http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/mountain-meatballs
 Roman-Style: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/roman-style-meatballs.html
 Slowcooker: http://www.canadianfamily.ca/recipe/slow-cooker-italian-meatballs-with-garlic-bread/
 Taco Ring: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Taco-Meatball-Ring
 In Tomato Basil Cream: http://cookingwithkrista.blogspot.com/2009/09/meatballs-in-tomato-basil-cream-sauce.html
 Porcupine: http://stolenmomentscooking.com/porcupine-meatballs/
 Freezer: http://www.canadianliving.com/food/freezer_meatballs.php
 Mozzarella-Stuffed: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/Spaghetti-with-Mozzarella-Stuffed-Meatballs
 Moroccan Spiced (Lamb): http://newlywedcooking.blogspot.com/2009/08/spiced-lamb-meatballs-with-lemon-mint.html
 Sweet & Sour: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/02/sweet-and-sour-meatballs.html
 Asian: http://www.lifesambrosia.com/2009/06/asian-pork-meatballs-with-soy-garlic-dipping-sauce-recipe.html
 Swedish: http://www.onceuponaplate1.com/2008/12/swedish-meatballs-alton-browns-version.html
 Tomato & Chipotle: http://wednesdaychef.typepad.com/the_wednesday_chef/2007/10/diana-kennedys-.html
 Grandma Maroni’s (100 Years Old): http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/throwdown-with-bobby-flay/grandma-maronis-meatballs-100-year-old-recipe-recipe/index.html
Click here to print.