Zesty Mexican (Cinco de Mayo) Recipes
Posted By Tipnut On April 29, 2010 @ 12:45 pm In Recipes | 1 Comment
Traditionally Mexican dishes are a favorite to serve on Cinco de Mayo, but it’s always a good time to enjoy Mexican inspired dishes! Plenty of fresh ingredients (and some cheese) make these awfully tempting. Here are my recipe picks found around the net.
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe By recipegirl.com
*Note: Descriptions below are quotes from the recipe sites
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas : (As seen in picture) This is an easy, easy family-friendly recipe. It’s rare that I make something so simple. Usually I overdo it and spend most of the day cooking away. This was the one-time-this-year that I’ll allow a can of creamy condensed soup to approach my pantry. Usually I avoid those soups with dramatic abandonment. You can also use a roasted chicken from the grocery store to save time for this one, and your meal will be ready in about an hour. Recipe found at Recipe Girl.
- Que Pasta Mexican Mac ‘n Cheese : Ingredients include poblano peppers, bowtie pasta or whole wheat penne, extra virgin olive oil, finely chopped onion, grated garlic, butter, flour, chicken stock, milk, black pepper, cumin, coriander, grated Mexican cheese blend, vine-ripe tomatoes (seeded and chopped), diced avocado, juice of fresh lime, chopped scallions. From Rachael Ray.
- 7-Layer Ranch Dip : Ingredients include an envelope of Ranch Soup Mix, sour cream, Tabasco brand Green Jalapeno Pepper Sauce, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced pitted ripe olives (canned), chopped red onion, can chopped green chilies, shredded Cheddar and tortilla chips. From Tabasco.
- Fresh Corn Salsa : Ingredients include chopped tomatoes, fresh corn kernels, finely chopped red onions, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped jalapeno pepper and zesty Italian dressing. From Kraft.
- Green-Green Guacamole : Ingredients include avocados, Philadelphia cream cheese spread, finely chopped tomatoes, finely chopped onions, lime juice, minced garlic, salt and black pepper. From Kraft Recipes.
- Healthy Mexican Recipes : Collection from Eating Well.
- Easy Mexican Recipes : Collection from Woman’s Day magazine.
- Betty Crocker’s Cinco de Mayo Recipes : Lots to browse through (Beverages, Snacks, Mains).
- Paula Deen’s Cinco de Mayo Recipes : Includes recipes for Mexican Fruit Sangria, Mango, Jicama and Cucumber Salad and Chicken Tinga and more. From Paula Deen.
- Cheese Enchiladas Recipe : Enchiladas were a family staple growing up, though thankfully this cheese enchilada recipe has much less fat in it these days. My mother, a fifth generation hispanic Arizonian, learned this recipe from my grandmother. Note that there are many kinds of enchiladas – green chile, shrimp, chicken, red chili – to name a few. This recipe is much more “Tex Mex” than Mexican, and is very easy make. This enchiladas recipe is probably our favorite recipe on the entire website. Recipe found at Simply Recipes.
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce : I usually buy my enchilada sauce. Yes, I knew I should be making it, but I had never found a recipe that I was really happy with. I had tried several and they just weren’t very good. So, I stuck to the canned stuff you can get at the grocery store. I was recently talking to a friend of mine about this. She lived in Mexico for a few years, so she knows some about Mexican cooking. I asked her how she made her enchilada sauce. She told me the basics and then gave me an exact recipe. I decided to give it a try. This recipe was really good. This was the best enchilada sauce that I have made. It had great flavor. I think it was even better than the canned sauce. Recipe found at Lynn’s Kitchen.
- Recipe: Fajita Seasoning : This recipe for Fajita Seasoning was given to me from a friend a number of years ago… I don’t know the original source …It’s easy and much cheaper to make the seasoning this way then buying those seasoning packs…. Mix this recipe up and store in a jar… 2 tablespoons equals a seasoning pack you would buy. Recipe found at Cooking Tip Of The Day.
- Chicken Fajitas with Slow Roasted Tomato Salsa : They were so yummy and worth the time browning the onions and making tortillas. Homemade tortillas are so easy to make and taste so much better than the store bought variety. I encourage you to try them sometime. I had just a few slow roasted tomatoes left so I combined them with a few things to make a really delicious and spicy salsa. This was a most excellent way to use up leftover chicken. Recipe found at Dishing Up Delights.
- Mojo Chicken Quesadillas : I prepared the following for a pre-Cinco de Mayo event with friends and they were a great addition to my Mexican inspired menu. Quesadillas are a popular appetizer and this one involves a roasted whole chicken rubbed with a mojo seasoning, which was used as a filling. Recipe found at Joelen’s Culinary Adventures (includes recipe for the mojo seasoning).
- Two-Cheese Quesadillas Recipe : When we have to eat on the run, I turn to this tasty recipe because it comes together in a snap. Best of all, I can customize the ingredients to satisfy each member of my family. If someone doesn’t care for onions, I simply omit them from their quesadilla. Recipe found at Taste Of Home.
- Taco Pizza : Something important to note about Taco Pizza, it is VERY filling. If your family normally eats two regular pizzas, you’ll be doing good to eat one of these. Take me seriously here. It is VERY filling! (This is a good thing!) Now how about some Taco Pizza? I love this stuff and so does my family, but especially me. So if I ever come visit you, just have one of these puppies sitting on the counter and I’ll sit down happily and be quiet for at least five minutes. Alright, three. Recipe from Southern Plate.
- Mexican Pork Chops : I made this last month, for the umpteenth time–it’s so good that it’s a regular do-over, and it gets better every time. I change the recipe occasionally to vary the flavors; this time I seasoned the pork chops with fajita seasoning before cooking. Recipe found at Foods And Flavors Of San Antonio.
Bonus: Here’s a Classic Margarita Recipe  from Mix That Drink because no list of Mexican recipes would be complete without it ;).
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/mexican-recipes/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.recipegirl.com/2007/09/11/creamy-chicken-enchiladas/
 Que Pasta Mexican Mac ‘n Cheese: http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=911
 7-Layer Ranch Dip: http://www.tabasco.com/tabasco-recipes/recipe/556/7-layer-ranch-dip/
 Fresh Corn Salsa: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/fresh-corn-salsa-75225.aspx
 Green-Green Guacamole: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/green-green-guacamole-54337.aspx
 Healthy Mexican Recipes: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_mexican_recipes
 Easy Mexican Recipes: http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/dessert-recipes/sizzling-cinco-de-mayo-recipes-72660
 Betty Crocker’s Cinco de Mayo Recipes: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/event-or-occasion/cinco-de-mayo-recipes
 Paula Deen’s Cinco de Mayo Recipes: http://www.pauladeen.com/article_view/new_cinco_de_mayo_recipes/
 Cheese Enchiladas Recipe: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/enchiladas/
 Homemade Enchilada Sauce: http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/2009/04/homemade-enchilada-sauce.html
 Recipe: Fajita Seasoning: http://cookingtipoftheday.blogspot.com/2009/05/recipe-fajita-seasoning.html
 Chicken Fajitas with Slow Roasted Tomato Salsa: http://dishingupdelights.thedailymeal.com/2009/05/chicken-fajitas-with-slow-roasted.html
 Mojo Chicken Quesadillas: http://joelens.blogspot.com/2009/05/mojo-chicken-quesadillas.html
 Two-Cheese Quesadillas Recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Two-Cheese-Quesadillas
 Taco Pizza: http://www.southernplate.com/2009/03/taco-pizza-and-my-version-of-border-patrol.html
 Mexican Pork Chops: http://foodsandflavorsofsanantonio.blogspot.com/2009/04/mexican-pork-chops.html
 Classic Margarita Recipe: http://mixthatdrink.com/the-classic-margarita/
Click here to print.