Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare carrots by washing and trimming ends, cut into 2″ to 3″ pieces if carrots are large.
- Coat carrots with olive oil (approximately 2 1/2 tablespoons oil per pound of carrots).
- Arrange the pieces in a roasting pan or baking sheet and season with pepper.
- Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 30 to 45 minutes (until carrots are quite tender when pierced with a fork).
- Remove from oven when cooked, season with salt and serve.
Tip: You can glaze these by drizzling and tossing the nearly done carrots in about 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, return to oven for five minutes to finish cooking.