20+ Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
Here’s a collection of oh-so-tempting peanut butter cookies to make, the list includes basic recipes as well as some interesting add-ins (and a few healthier versions too).
Bake ‘em, freeze ‘em, enjoy!
First, here are a few classic-style versions to check out…
- Exceptional: Dough is rolled into balls then flattened with the tines of a fork in a grid pattern, chill dough for at least 2 hours before baking (up to 12 hours). From Saveur.
- Classic: (Yields 5 dozen) This one’s from Jif so it must be good .
- Betty’s Best: Dough is chilled for 2 hours (or until firm) before baking. From Betty Crocker.
With Flavor Twists & Add-Ins:
- Pudding Mix: Ingredients include dried banana chips, Reese’s pieces, chocolate chips, a small box of instant vanilla pudding and other basic pantry staples. From BruCrew Life.
- Oatmeal Chubbies: Once these are baked, flatten them slightly with a measuring cup dipped into some sugar. From The Cooking Photographer.
- Nutella Swirl: Nutella is zapped in the microwave for about 20 seconds then drizzled over the dough and folded in with a spatula before baking. From Erica’s Sweet Tooth.
- Dulce de Leche: (sandwiches) Sound too fussy? It’s not! A can of condensed milk is heated for about an hour in a double boiler to make the dulce de leche. From Jun-blog.
- With Chocolate: Soft, chewy and low carb, it calls for canola oil instead of butter to reduce the saturated fat. It’s hard to eat just one! From Taste Of Home.
- PB&J: (sandwich) Filled with a mixture containing raspberry or strawberry jam, milk, unsalted butter, confectioners’ sugar. From Delish.
- Ultimate: These have pb chips added to the dough. From Pithy and Cleaver.
- With Banana & Chocolate Chunks: No sugar added, the sweetness comes from using over-ripe bananas. Also contains old-fashioned or quick oats and shredded coconut. From Dinner With Julie.
- Whole Wheat: (Yields 9) The end result is a chewy sweet treat which is really tasty and literally takes just minutes to make. From The Good Mood Food Blog.
- Mom-Mom Fritch’s: (Yields 70) Flourless and just requires 4 ingredients. From Epicurious.
- With Maple Syrup: Ingredients include whole wheat pastry flour (can also use spelt or unbleached all-purpose), baking soda, fine grain sea salt, maple syrup, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla extract. From 101 Cookbooks.
- With Caramel: Filled with salted caramel and tops are drizzled with melted chocolate (optional). From David Lebovitz.
- Honey Roasted Scotchies: Packed with goodness, contains whole wheat flour, old-fashioned rolled oats, ground flax, shredded coconut, butterscotch chips and more. From Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- Toffee Turtles: Ingredients include Bisquick, almond toffee bits, milk chocolate morsels, vanilla caramels, whipping cream and more. From MyRecipes.
- Gluten-Free: Made with creamy pb, granulated sugar, a large egg, baking powder and vanilla extract. From Simply Gluten-Free.
- With White Chocolate: Includes old fashioned whole oats and add-ins such as butterscotch or chocolate chips, toffee bits, raisins, seeds, etc. From Averie Cooks.
- Grain-Free: (bites) These are interesting, they contain canned chickpeas, vanilla extract, honey (or agave), baking powder, chocolate chips and more. From Texanerin Baking.
- With Oatmeal & Chocolate Chunks: Coarsely chopped squares of semi-sweet chocolate make these a real treat. From Kraft Canada.
- Easy & Chocolate Dipped: (flourless) Only five ingredients and a cinch to make. From Kraft Foods.
- Sandwich Style: Includes quick oats and filled with a mixture of confectioners’ sugar and smooth pb. From Broma Bakery.