25+ Tasty Ways To Cook & Bake With Plums
Posted By Tipnut On June 22, 2011 @ 11:50 am In Recipes | No Comments
If you have a bounty of fresh plums on your hands, here’s a great list of ideas that you can make with them. Today’s Recipe Hit List features a nice mix of recipes that I’ve handpicked from around the net including several different cakes, crisps and tarts, a few baked plum versions along with a handful of spreads to try (for canning or refrigeration). Enjoy!
These Can Be Cooked, Baked & Preserved In So Many Tasty Ways!
- Spiced Jam : (Canning) Ingredients include apple juice, cinnamon stick, green cardamom pods (bruised), whole cloves, sugar and liquid pectin. From Under the High Chair.
- Chutney : Ingredients include chopped onion, fresh root ginger, orange juice, red wine vinegar, raisins, muscovado sugar, a cinnamon stick, chili flakes, balanced almonds. Keeps up to 3 months in the refrigerator. From BBC Good Food.
- Low-Sugar Spread : Ingredients include Granny Smith apples, white grape juice, lemon juice, sugar (or Splenda Granular) and ground cinnamon or ginger. Can be refrigerated up to 2 months or canned for longer storage. From Eating Well.
- Chutney : Can be refrigerated for up to one week, ingredients include red-wine vinegar, honey and crushed red pepper. From Eating Well.
- Kuchen : Ingredients include whole wheat pastry flour, muscovado or brown sugar, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, an egg, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sugar. From Pictures & Pancakes.
- Crisp : Ingredients include blueberries, blackberries, packed light brown sugar, rolled oats, all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, unsalted butter and salt. From Epicurious.
- Crumble : Serves 6 to 8, ingredients include purple Italian or prune plums (halved & pitted), brown sugar, unbleached all-purpose flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, candied ginger (finely chopped), granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, an egg, unsalted butter and topped with vanilla ice cream. From The Wednesday Chef.
- Puff Dumplings : Ingredients include all-purpose flour (for rolling), all-butter puff pastry, sugar, cornstarch, cardamom, an egg and vanilla ice cream for serving. From Food & Wine.
- Mixed Tart with Almond Crust : Crust is made with finely crushed almonds, melted butter, brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Filling ingredients: assorted plums, fresh lemon juice, sugar and ground cinnamon. From Poor Girl Eats Well.
- Crumble : Ingredients include water, vanilla essence, ground cinnamon (or stick), ground nutmeg, brown sugar, pears, butter, flour, rolled oats, nuts (such as macadamias and pecans) and baking powder. Served with ice cream. From Not Quite Nigella.
- Buttered Bread Pudding : Ingredients include granulated sugar, peasant bread, butter, heavy cream, whole milk and eggs. From Brooklyn Supper.
- Spiced Cake : Ingredients include whole wheat flour, sugar, olive oil, eggs, powdered sugar (optional), cinnamon, vanilla extract, almond extract, nutmeg, ground cloves, allspice, ground ginger, baking powder and salt. From Adventures in Cooking.
- Almond Upside-Down Cake : Ingredients include sugar, water and large ripe red or purple plums, unsifted cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, almond paste, canola oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, eggs, sure and red currant jelly. From Eating Well.
- Simple Cake : Ingredients include cake flour, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, white sugar, large eggs, vanilla extract, finely grated lemon zest and ground cinnamon. From food52.
- Oatmeal Crisp : Ingredients include all-purpose flour, packed light-brown sugar, old-fashioned rolled oats, salt, unsalted butter. From Martha Stewart.
- Fleur’s Summer Cake : Made with eggs, sugar, salt, sweet butter, vanilla, baking powder, flour, sugar, cinnamon and topped with vanilla or butter pecan ice cream when served. From Rachael Ray.
- Peekaboo Cake : Ingredients include sugar, unsalted butter, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon. From Whipped.
- Honey Roasted : Ingredients include unsalted butter, honey, orange juice and topped with cream cheese and milk. From Martha Stewart.
- Streusel-Roasted with Vanilla Ice Cream : Ingredients include unsalted butter, packed golden brown sugar, dry red wine, all purpose flour, sugar, salt, coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts. From Epicurious.
- Gluten-Free Oat & Rosemary Crisp : Ingredients include palm or cane sugar, cornstarch, scraped vanilla bean, fresh lemon juice, superfine brown rice flour, gluten-free oat flour, gluten-free rolled oats, sea salt, chopped rosemary, lemon zest and melted butter. From Cannelle et Vanille.
- Tart : (You can also make with peaches or apricots). Ingredients include whole wheat flour, canola oil, butter, granulated sugar, salt and ice cold water. Filling: turbinado sugar, wheat germ, red plums and seedless all fruit raspberry jam or preservers. From Sprinkle Bakes.
- Torte : Ingredients include unsalted butter, unbleached all-purpose flour (sifted), baking powder, eggs. From The Naptime Chef.
- Cinnamon Baked : Made with ripe Victoria plums (or variety of choice), ground cinnamon, water and unrefined caster sugar. From The British Larder.
- Hazelnut & Chocolate Cake : Ingredients include butter, light muscovado sugar, self-raising flour, ground hazelnuts, eggs, baking powder, chopped dark chocolate, hazelnuts and redcurrant, damson or plum jelly. From BBC GoodFood.
- Crumble : Ingredients include unsalted butter, fresh orange juice, vanilla extract, light brown sugar, quick-cooking rolled oats, all-purpose flour, grated orange zest and five-spice powder. From Williams-Sonoma.
- Dimply Cake : Ingredients include all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, unsalted butter, light brown sugar, eggs, canola or safflower oil, grated orange zest, vanilla extract. From Smitten Kitchen.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/plum-recipes/
URLs in this post:
 Spiced Jam: http://www.underthehighchair.com/2008/09/spiced-golden-plum-jam.html
 Chutney: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1407/index.html
 Low-Sugar Spread: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/low_sugar_plum_spread.html
 Chutney: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/plum_chutney.html
 Kuchen: http://picturesandpancakes.blogspot.com/2009/09/big-apple.html
 Crisp: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Plum-Berry-Crisp-239245
 Crumble: http://wednesdaychef.typepad.com/the_wednesday_chef/2007/08/marian-burross-.html
 Puff Dumplings: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/plum-puff-dumplings
 Mixed Tart with Almond Crust: http://www.poorgirleatswell.com/2010/09/recipe-mixed-plum-tart-with-almond-crust.html
 Crumble: http://www.notquitenigella.com/2008/04/22/plum-and-pear-crumble/
 Buttered Bread Pudding: http://www.brooklynsupper.net/2009/08/plum-and-bread-pudding/
 Spiced Cake: http://www.adventures-in-cooking.com/2010/08/plum-in-love-spiced-cake.html
 Almond Upside-Down Cake: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/plum_almond_upside_down_cake.html
 Simple Cake: http://food52.com/recipes/6080_simple_plum_cake
 Oatmeal Crisp: http://www.marthastewart.com/313232/plum-oatmeal-crisp
 Fleur’s Summer Cake: http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=2113
 Peekaboo Cake: http://whippedtheblog.com/2007/10/01/peekaboo-plum-cake/
 Honey Roasted: http://www.marthastewart.com/313285/honey-roasted-plums
 Streusel-Roasted with Vanilla Ice Cream: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Streusel-Roasted-Plums-with-Vanilla-Ice-Cream-235562
 Gluten-Free Oat & Rosemary Crisp: http://www.cannellevanille.com/gluten-free/sunday-lunch-fava-and-quinoa-salad-and-a-plum-oat-and-rosemary-crisp/
 Tart: http://www.sprinklebakes.com/2010/04/red-plum-tart.html
 Torte: http://www.thenaptimechef.com/2010/08/only-plum-torte-recipe-ill-ever-need/
 Cinnamon Baked: http://www.britishlarder.co.uk/cinnamon-baked-plums/#axzz1PfiwlZBV
 Hazelnut & Chocolate Cake: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7562/index.html
 Crumble: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/plum-crumble.html
 Dimply Cake: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/08/dimply-plum-cake/
Click here to print.