Tender, moist, meat-fallin-off-the-bone…that’s what you get with oven baked ribs, and they are so easy to make too (my favorite kind of dish). If you prefer caramelization or charring on the meat that grilling provides but oven baking misses, just pop them under the broiler for a few minutes and you’re good to go.
Today’s Recipe Hit List features sweet & sour, Asian-style, BBQ’d, tea & spice rubbed, tangy & saucy, herb roasted, even Cola & Dr. Pepper glazed (plus many more too)! I’ve handpicked these from around the ‘net and made sure to include a wide variety so these should keep you busy for awhile.
These all look so good and my advice for today: make sure you don’t browse with a hungry tummy cause that’ll be asking for trouble ;).
- Dry Rub Style : Foil wrapped. Ingredients include paprika, fresh ground black pepper, brown sugar, salt, celery seed, Cajun seasoning, minced garlic, dry mustard, cumin and honey. From Soupbelly.
- Blueberry Chipotle Stout : Ingredients include brown sugar, kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper, smoked paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder, mustard powder, and blueberry chipotle bbq sauce (recipe included). From What We’re Eating.
- Carole’s Country Style : Ingredients include light molasses, ketchup, chopped onions, minced garlic, whole cloves, orange juice, vinegar, mustard, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, Kitchen Bouquet or Gravy Master. From Stylish Cuisine.
- Saucy : Foil wrapped & marinated overnight. Ingredients include an onion, garlic clove, ketchup, steak sauce, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, onion powder, paprika powder, mustard powder, ginger and Tabasco. From Kayotic Kitchen. This is a two-part tutorial, you’ll find the second page here .
- With Dr. Pepper : Rub ingredients include salt, black pepper, brown sugar, mustard powder, cayenne, chipotle powder and allspice. Glaze ingredients: Dr. Pepper, ketchup, mustard, apple cider vinegar, molasses and chipotle powder. From Homesick Texan.
- Asian Style : Made with brown sugar, garlic powder, ground black pepper, Chinese five-spice powder, ground ginger, salt, Dijon-style mustard, hoisin sauce, molasses, soy sauce, rice vinegar. From Better Homes And Gardens.
- Honey-Mustard Glazed : Glaze ingredients: apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, clover honey, Dijon mustard and freshly ground black pepper. Meat: Canola oil, freshly ground black pepper, soy sauce, water and fresh ginger. From Bobby Flay at Food Network.
- Italian Country Style With Tomatoes : Ingredients include olive oil, Italian plum tomatoes, chopped yellow onion, diced medium carrot, diced celery, minced garlic, dried rosemary, sweet paprika, bay leaf and dry wed wine. From Blue Kitchen.
- Slow Cooked BBQ : Dry Rub ingredients: Kosher salt, granulated onion, granulated garlic, sweet smoked paprika and fresh ground black pepper. Barbecue Sauce: ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, freshly ground black pepper, salt, sweet smoked paprika, chili powder, mustard, liquid smoke, minced garlic, flour, non-alcoholic amber ale. From One Perfect Bite.
- Greek : Marinate 8 to 24 hours ahead of time. Made with grated lemon rind, lemon juice, onions, dried oregano, vegetable oil, liquid honey, garlic powder, salt & pepper. From Canadian Living.
- Sweet ‘n Sour : Ingredients include pineapple tidbits, tomato sauce, sliced onion, sliced green pepper, brown sugar, cider vinegar, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic. From Taste of Home.
- Slow Cooked Sweet & Sour : Ingredients include canned tomato sauce, orange juice, chopped onion, chopped celery, cider vinegar, honey or maple syrup, chopped fresh ginger, a head of garlic, jalapeño or chili peppers, vegetable oil, regular or smoked paprika and salt. From Chatelaine.
- Barbecue : Marinate for a few hours – overnight. Dry rub ingredients include brown sugar, sweet paprika, smoked paprika, garlic powder, freshly ground black pepper, salt, instant espresso powder, allspice, chipotle powder and cayenne. Glaze ingredients: Cola, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and maple syrup. From Sassy Radish.
- Tamarind Glazed : Glaze ingredients include tamarind drink concentrate, brown sugar, fresh lime juice, apple cider vinegar, hot pepper jelly, ketchup, mango nectar, papaya nectar, hot pepper sauce, dark rum, garlic clove and fresh ginger. From Sugar Apple.
- Chocolate Espresso : Marinate for 6 hours – overnight. Ingredients include brown sugar, dry mustard, round fennel, ground black pepper, salt, chopped dark chocolate, ground espresso beans, diced onion, beef broth, tomato paste, sherry vinegar, unsulfured molasses, sugar and extra virgin olive oil. From Cooking With The Single Guy.
- Country Style : Ingredients include ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, hot pepper sauce. From Full Bellies, Happy Kids.
- With Cola & Strawberry Jam : Ingredients include strawberry jam, Coca Cola, salt, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, Sriracha chili sauce, sesame oil, liquid smoke (optional). From Wandering Chopsticks.
- Asian Style : Marinated for at least 4 hours. Ingredients include grated ginger, chopped garlic cloves, light soy sauce, Lee Kum Kee sauce, orange juice & zest, 5 spice powder, pepper and dark brown sugar. Enough to make 3 pounds. From My Kitchen Snippets.
- Made With Sweet Tea : Made with black tea, light brown sugar, Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, an orange (for juice and zest) and lemon juice to taste. From Columbus Foodie.
- With Apple Butter : Sauce ingredients include apple butter, apple cider vinegar, salt, crushed black peppercorns and grated fresh ginger. From Seasonal Ontario Food.
- Vinegar & Spice : Made with dark brown sugar, cider vinegar, lemon zest, garlic cloves, kosher salt, paprika, freshly ground black pepper, ground allspice. From Chow.
- 6 Hour Smoky : Made with brown sugar, ancho chili powder or paprika, salt, garlic powder, ground cloves, ground cinnamon, pimenton (smoked Spanish paprika), cider vinegar or red or white vinegar, vanilla extract. From The New York Times.
- Chinese Barbecued : Ingredients include hoisin sauce, soy sauce, dry sherry, chopped garlic, sugar, red food coloring, Chinese five spice powder, 2 pounds of slab spareribs. From Saveur.
- Roasted : Ingredients include honey, soy sauce, Thai fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, dried chili flakes, whole star anise and 3 pounds of meaty ribs. Yum! From Serendipity.
- Baked BBQ : Made with dried thyme, red pepper flakes, diced onion, minced garlic, ketchup, orange marmalade, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, molasses, red wine vinegar, ground cumin and ground paprika. From Crepes of Wrath.
- With Maple Barbecue Sauce : Spice rub ingredients include paprika, sugar, salt, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, dried oregano. Sauce ingredients include ketchup, cider vinegar, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder. From Canadian Living.