24 Pressure Cooker Recipes: Tasty Collection
Posted By Tipnut On October 22, 2009 @ 1:12 pm In Canning, Freezing & Preserving,Recipes | 4 Comments
Here are two dozen pressure cooker dishes that I’ve organized for this week’s Recipe Hit List. There are a few soups, stews, broth & stock recipes, main dishes and sides. Enjoy!
*Note: Descriptions below are quotes from the sources
Main Meat Dishes
Barbecue Brisket Sandwiches From myrecipes.com
- Barbecue Brisket Sandwiches : (As seen in picture) From Cooking Light at MyRecipes.
- Korean-Style Pork Ribs : Super easy! The added potatoes and carrots make for a really hearty sauce. You’ll love how the pork falls off the bone. From We Are Never Full.
- Simple Lamb Curry : A simple Indian lamb curry. Using tomato paste instead of fresh tomatoes and cooking the curry in a pressure cooker reduces the preparation time by at least half an hour. From Steffen’s Dinners.
- BBQ’d Beef : This was a huge hit in our house and its so easy to make. I love using the pressure cooker and these days use it in place of the crock pot as my husband does not like anything made in a crock pot. Prep time for this recipe took about 5 minutes. The actual cooking time was one hour without me needing to be standing next to it. From Norah’s Menu & Recipes.
- Pork Ribs : Enjoy melt-in-your-mouth ribs when you try this pressure cooker recipe. From Taste Of Home.
- The Pantry Party – Swiss Steak : Swiss Steak is one of my fall back recipes. It uses items that I usually have in the pantry, refrigerator, and/or freezer. And when I cook it in my pressure cooker, I don’t have to plan too far in advance. The ingredients are fairly flexible; this is what I used the last time I made it. From Premeditated Leftovers.
Chili & Stew
- Chili : From Food Network.
- Beef Stew : I used the pressure cooker because I wanted my stew fast, but this recipe would be equally good cooked in a dutch oven with a little more time. Either way, it’s a simple hearty stew made with flank steak, potatoes, carrots, celery, leeks, garlic, rosemary and wine. Simply season and brown the meat, add the remaining ingredients and walk away. Twenty minutes in the pressure cooker (or 1 hour in dutch oven), and you’ve got a hearty, flavorful and healthy meal. From Bitchincamero.
- Chicken Stew Supper : I used my pressure cooker to make it so that the chicken is soft, moist and just falls off the bone. This dish is very delicious and has lots of flavours from the vegetables and chicken. From Jeena’s Kitchen.
- Jamaican Pork Stew : From Better Homes And Gardens.
- Veal Stew with Shallots and Wild Mushrooms : Egg Noodles with Lemon and Herbs is the perfect side dish for this elegant stew. From Martha Stewart.
- Spiced Sweet-Potato Stew : This hearty vegetable stew is full of flavor, thanks to a blend of spices combined with a touch of peanut butter. Using a pressure cooker allows you to have this stew on the table in minutes! From Good Housekeeping.
Soup, Broth & Stock
- Beef Stock : Pressure cooking greatly reduces the time and effort necessary to make great stock. From Instructables.
- Chicken Broth : From Good Housekeeping.
- Quick Easy White Bean Basil Soup : This Italian white bean soup recipe is so quick & easy to make with a pressure cooker. It tastes fresh and delicious, and looks like the colors in the Italian flag. From Savvy Vegetarian.
- Garlic Broth: A Pictorial Recipe : As a service to those of you who are scared of using your PC’s, I thought it’d be helpful to take you step by step through pressure cooking a simple recipe. From Fatfree Vegan Kitchen.
- Turkey Stock : From Dad Cooks Dinner.
- Vegetable Soup and Cornbread Loafies : I loved this soup and will be making different variations of it again I’m sure. It was a nice recipe to try out the different settings on the pressure cooker and help become acquainted with all the features. From Nummy Kitchen.
- Ham & Bean Soup : (Scroll down page for pressure cooker version). From Country Home.
Rice, Beans & Sides
- Kalyn’s Version of Rubio’s Pinto Beans : Keep reading to see how I made Rubio’s beans at home, and if you don’t have a pressure cooker, after the recipe I’ll tell you how I’d make them in a regular pan. From Kalyn’s Kitchen.
- Rice Pudding : I remember eating Rice Pudding as a child, usually prepared by my Grandmother on her old cast iron stove, and cooked all night long. Then served warm, with a bit of melting butter and sprinkled with cinnamon. Creamy and delicious. Guess what? I cooked rice pudding in the Pressure Cooker in EIGHT minutes and it was so, so good! Creamy and delicious, and “just like Grandma’s”. From The Merlin Menu.
- Quick Garlic Mashed Potatoes : (Scroll down page) Also has recipe for Brandied-Bacony Chicken at top of page. From Made With Love.
- Spinach and Goat Cheese Risotto : Besides cooking beans—pintos, chickpeas, black beans, white beans etc.—in record time, especially at our 7000 feet above sea level, my favorite pressure-cooked dish is ten minute risotto, the creamy Italian rice dish. From Muffin Talk.
- Country Style Potatoes : From Idaho Potato Commission.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/pressure-cooker/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/barbecue-brisket-sandwiches-10000000222221/
 Korean-Style Pork Ribs: http://www.weareneverfull.com/under-pressure-2-korean-style-pork-ribs/
 Simple Lamb Curry: http://www.steffensdinners.com/content/simple_lamb_curry_(pressure_cooker)
 BBQ’d Beef: http://norahsrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/07/pressure-cooker-bbqd-beef.html
 Pork Ribs: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Pressure-Cooker-Pork-Ribs
 The Pantry Party – Swiss Steak: http://premeditatedleftovers.com/the-pantry-party-%e2%80%93-swiss-steak/
 Chili: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pressure-cooker-chili-recipe/index.html
 Beef Stew: http://www.bitchincamero.com/2009/02/pressure-cooker-beef-stew/
 Chicken Stew Supper: http://jeenaskitchen.blogspot.com/2007/08/stewed-chicken-super.html
 Jamaican Pork Stew: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/pork/jamaican-pork-stew/
 Veal Stew with Shallots and Wild Mushrooms: http://www.marthastewart.com/356331/veal-stew-shallots-and-wild-mushrooms-pressure-cooker-variation
 Spiced Sweet-Potato Stew: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/spiced-sweet-potato-stew-2590
 Beef Stock: http://www.instructables.com/id/Pressure-Cooker-Beef-Stock/
 Chicken Broth: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/pressure-cooker-chicken-broth-2419
 Quick Easy White Bean Basil Soup: http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/vegetarian-recipes/pressure-cooker-white-bean-soup.php
 Garlic Broth: A Pictorial Recipe: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2009/04/garlic-broth-in-pressure-cooker.html
 Turkey Stock: http://www.dadcooksdinner.com/2008/12/pressure-cooker-turkey-stock.html
 Vegetable Soup and Cornbread Loafies: http://nummykitchen.blogspot.com/2009/01/pressure-cooker-vegetable-soup-and-sour.html
 Ham & Bean Soup: http://www.countryhome.com/recipes/seasonalholiday/winter-simmers_2.html
 Kalyn’s Version of Rubio’s Pinto Beans: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2009/04/pressure-cooker-recipe-for-kalyns.html
 Rice Pudding: http://themerlinmenu.blogspot.com/2009/09/pressure-cooker-rice-pudding.html
 Quick Garlic Mashed Potatoes: http://mrsrodeba.blogspot.com/2008/03/brandied-bacony-chicken.html
 Spinach and Goat Cheese Risotto: http://muffintalk.wordpress.com/2009/06/30/spinach-and-goat-cheese-risotto-in-the-pressure-cooker/
 Country Style Potatoes: http://www.idahopotato.com/recipes/cat_id-17/id-158
Click here to print.