This week’s Recipe Hit List is a lovely assortment of pumpkin bars and squares to make that I’ve handpicked from around the ‘net (these are a traditional favorite on the holiday table). Most are simple & easy to make and use canned pumpkin…each looks delicious (I’ve also found a healthified version or two in the mix). Lots to choose from, enjoy!
*Note: Descriptions below are quotes from the sources
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie Squares : Makes a great dessert for holiday parties. From Very Best Baking.
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars : Chocolate. Pumpkin. Cheesecake. You really can’t ask for more. Creamy cheesecake flavored with pumpkin and marbled with chocolate with a chocolate cookie crust. This is heaven in your mouth. It’s the perfect thing for those holiday pot lucks and parties that are coming up, so if you’re not already pulling out the baking pan, then file this one away to pull out later. Recipe from Our Family Eats.
- Pecan Pumpkin Bars : Just plain easy, delicious, and gluten free! I promise these bars will even please your gluten-eating family members!! The bars have a “cookie/granola” like crust made from a few simple ingredients, then a basic pumpkin pie filling, and topped with pecans and sugar. Recipe from Ginger Lemon Girl.
- Pumpkin Pie Bars : Tastes like a cross between an oatmeal cookie and a slice of really great pumpkin pie. Found at Framed.
- Pumpkin Bars with Cranberry Crumb Topping : The crumbly crust is a nice contrast against the smooth pumpkin filling. Like many of the desserts I post here, this is not overly sweet. In fact, it’s very subtle. My last-minute addition of dried cranberries to the crumb topping added just the right sweet touch to these mellow bars. Recipe from Lemons and Anchovies.
- Frosted Pumpkin Bars : This recipe was quick to make and very easy. You make a spiced pumpkin cake batter and spread it into a jelly roll pan and bake for twenty minutes. After cooling, you frost the pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing and slice into bars. Found at Sugar Plum.
- Pumpkin Bars with Caramel & Maple Frosting : The frosting is amazing but I do warm: it is really really really sweet. The pumpkin bar offsets it some and makes for a great overall flavor. Found at Mom Taught Us.
- Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars : The bars come with a glaze but I made most of mine without it and like them both ways. I really loved the gingerbread base, it was really buttery, but considering the fact that the recipe came from Land O’ Lakes butter, I guess I should not be surprised. When I make these again I will probably toss in a little candied ginger into the base for a little kick. Found at Culinary Concoctions By Peabody.
- Pumpkin Bars : Recipe from Paula Deen at Food Network.
- Pumpkin Pie Streusel Bars : Layered with a shortbread like bottom and a warm velvety pumpkin cheesecake center, the bars are finished with a crisp praline topping made of toasted pecans, oats, butterscotch and brown sugar. Recipe from Bakers Royale.
- Sour Cream Pumpkin Bars : Recipe from Better Homes And Gardens.
- Spiced Pumpkin Bars : These bars are moist, with bold pumpkin and spice flavors. Recipe from Taste of Home.
- Blueberry & Cranberry Pumpkin Bars : This delicious Blueberry and Cranberry Pumpkin Bars Recipe is a fabulous low calorie dessert idea that delivers all the flavors of fall, but with just a 3 Point Total per bar. The cranberries and blueberries add a delicious zing to the moist and delicious pumpkin bar. From LaaLoosh.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Bars : The original recipe was from the Moosewood Book of Desserts, made with walnuts…and while I do make a raisin and walnut variation, my favorite way to eat these is with dark chocolate chunks. I happen to think that pumpkin and chocolate is an oft-overlooked but unbelievably delicious combination. Don’t you agree? Recipe from Eggs on Sunday.