15 Ways To Jazz Up Chicken Breasts
Chicken breasts are one of the most healthiest and easiest to cook meats with plenty of different ways to prepare them. Although a favorite in our home, every now and again I find myself getting stuck on the same tried-and-true recipes.
- Grilled Tenderloins: Made with zesty Italian dressing, lime juice and honey. Marinated for at least an hour. Found at Southern Plate.
- Low Carb Lemon: Ingredients include cornstarch, vegetable oil, dry sherry, a slightly beaten egg white, salt, hoisin sauce, sugar, lemon juice and zest. Found at Stephen Cooks.
- Buffalo Sandwiches: Super easy and no deep fat frying involved! Found at Recipe A Day.
- Honey-Grilled: Made with orange juice, honey, lemon juice, reduced-sodium soy sauce, minced fresh gingerroot, minced garlic cloves. Found at Taste Of Home.
- Marinated Kebabs with Lemon Pepper Yogurt Sauce: Sauce ingredients include plain yogurt, sour cream, red wine vinegar, juice and zest of lemon, minced garlic and chopped fresh mint. From Epicurious.
- Marsala: Serves 4 and made with all-purpose flour, crushed dried marjoram, sliced fresh mushrooms, sliced green onions, butter or margarine, broth, dry Marsala or dry sherry. Found at Two Little Chefs.
- With Southwestern Salsa: Made with ground cumin, coriander, red pepper, onion, minced garlic, plum tomato, fresh cilantro, lime juice, black beans (can), whole kernel corn (can). Found at PinkPetunias.
- Healthy Grilled With Mayo Sandwich: Ingredients include mayonnaise, garlic powder, celery salt, sliced celery stalks, finely chopped lettuce and spring onions, a sliced tomato, small loaf of wheat focaccia bread and marinated in salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic powder and allspice. Found at Taste Of Saras Kitchen.
- Lemon Grilled With Fennel Salad: Made with lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, Italian seasoning, fennel, navel orange, fennel frawns, Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Found at My Kitchen Addiction.
- Stuffed in Puff Pastry: Uses a box of puff pastry, finely chopped mushrooms, flat leaf parsley, olive oil, minced garlic. Found at Mennonite Girls Can Cook.
- Flashback to the ’70s – Sweet and Sour Version: Ingredients include cornstarch, cold water, sugar, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peeled and grated ginger, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, juniper berries, cloves, mustard seeds, cinnamon, allspice berries and peppercorns. Found at Slashfood.
- Healthy Fingers: Dreading the treadmill time you’ll have to clock to burn off these babies? No worries. These taste just like the real thing — but with about a tenth of the fat. Pair ‘em with one of the diet-friendly dipping sauces! Found at Fitness Magazine.
- Creamy Butter: Ingredients include curry leaves, butter, plain flour, corn flour (or tapioca flour), eggs, Evaporated milk, sugar, salt. From Bits of Taste.
- Lemon: Made with good olive oil, minced garlic, dry white wine, grated lemon zest and freshly squeezed lemon juice, dried oregano, fresh thyme leaves, black pepper. From The Sequined Lobster.
- World’s Best: Serves 4, made with Dijon mustard, maple syrup, red wine vinegar and rosemary. From Rachel Schultz.