10 Lovely Red Velvet Cakes To Make
Posted By Tipnut On January 6, 2011 @ 1:16 am In Cake Recipes & Tips,Recipes | No Comments
I think red velvet cakes are so beautiful to look at (and delicious too!). This Recipe Hit List is a nice mix of recipes that I’ve handpicked from around the net, each offering their own twist to this classic favorite. Enjoy!
*Note: Descriptions below are quotes from the sources
Try Whipping Up A Batch Of Impressive Cupcakes With These Recipes
- Dark Chocolate Red Velvet Cake : Cake can be made and frosted 1 day ahead. Cover with cake dome and refrigerate. Let cake stand at room temperature at least 2 hours before serving. From Slow Like Honey.
- Red Velvet Cake With Beets : The ingredients sound strange, but the earthiness of the beets goes well with the chocolate, and the fruits add tartness. Just tell your friends that you made chocolate-raspberry cake, and they won’t have to know your secret. From Su Good Sweets.
- Southern Red Velvet Cake : The distinguishing factor is that his cake actually tastes like red velvet — that is it has strong accents from the vinegar and buttermilk. Red Velvet shouldn’t just be coloured red, it should taste a certain way.
- Red Velvet Chocolate Cake : A diner favorite, red-velvet cake is simply chocolate cake with lots of red food coloring; white icing shows off its gorgeous hue. From Martha Stewart.
- Red Velvet Cake Trifle : It’s impressive and pretty. Oh yeah, it’s delicious too! Although the instructions involve many steps, it’s pretty simple to prepare. From Recipe Girl.
- Red Velvet Cake Truffles : You make the cake like you would with any other cake and frosting. Just add a few steps into turning them into balls. You’d want them generally no larger than a golf ball. I added some photos as to how I coat the cake balls with the chocolate. It’s the technique I use, but you don’t have to follow it. From Bread + Butter.
- “Shortcut” Red Velvet Cupcakes : Most of the from-scratch formulas use a lot of shortening or butter, buttermilk, a couple of tablespoons of cocoa, a WHOLE BOTTLE of red food coloring, and a little bit of baking soda and vinegar, mixed together and then added to the batter. I figured that the cake mix had all of the dry ingredients I would need, so I just added the cocoa and food coloring, the buttermilk, a little oil, and a little vinegar and vanilla extract. From Alice Q. Foodie.
- Red Velvet Roll Cake : This is a jelly roll-type cake made with a chocolate sponge cake rolled around a rich cream cheese filling. The cake, although it looks quite elegant, is fairly easy to make, thanks to the fact that the cake itself is both moist and sturdy. It is basically a sponge cake, but like all red velvet cakes it contains the requisite combination of cocoa, buttermilk and baking soda. From Baking Bites.
- Red Velvet Cake Recipe : I based this recipe on the mocha cake I made for Mr. Guilty’s birthday last year, so it is not your traditional Red Velvet Cake. Most recipes for Red Velvet cake contain such a negligible amount of cocoa, that they might as well just be buttermilk cakes, but I like me some chocolate, so I went with my little heart’s desire. From Guilty Kitchen.
- Red Velvet Cake : The cake itself went off without a hitch, rising beautifully and looking very, very red. I swear the batter looked like ketchup when I poured it into the pans. From Andrea’s Recipes.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/red-velvet-cake/
URLs in this post:
 Dark Chocolate Red Velvet Cake: http://slowlikehoney.net/2010/06/28/dark-chocolate-red-velvet-cake/
 Red Velvet Cake With Beets: http://www.sugoodsweets.com/blog/2009/10/chocolate-red-velvet-cake-with-beets-recipe/
 Southern Red Velvet Cake: http://www.foodmayhem.com/2009/04/red-velvet-cake.html
 Red Velvet Chocolate Cake: http://www.marthastewart.com/316586/red-velvet-chocolate-cake
 Red Velvet Cake Trifle: http://www.recipegirl.com/2007/12/12/red-velvet-cake-trifle/
 Red Velvet Cake Truffles: http://breadplusbutter.blogspot.com/2009/12/red-velvet-cake-truffles.html
 “Shortcut” Red Velvet Cupcakes: http://aliceqfoodie.blogspot.com/2007/02/red-velvet-cupcakes-with-sprinkles.html
 Red Velvet Roll Cake: http://bakingbites.com/2007/04/red-velvet-roll-cake/
 Red Velvet Cake Recipe: http://guiltykitchen.com/2010/01/22/red-velvet-cake/
 Red Velvet Cake: http://andreasrecipes.com/red-velvet-cake/
Click here to print.