This recipe cannot be sealed or stored in a container or spray bottle as it can explode. Mix in an open, plastic pail and use immediately. Wear latex gloves when applying.
Krebaum’s Formula For Animals
- 1 quart of fresh (not old or out-dated) 3% hydrogen peroxide (from a pharmacy) – store bought is only 1.5%
- 1/4 cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) – to act as a buffer
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid soap – to alkalize the peroxide (Soft Soap or Ivory Liquid, don’t use shampoo)
If it’s for a larger animal, 1 quart of lukewarm water can be added.
- Be careful to keep this formula out of the ears, eyes and mouth. Lather thoroughly and deeply into fur. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse well with water.
- Do this procedure outside, and if you have plastic goggles–wear them. Dogs especially are notorious for shaking their fur out when wet, you don’t want this stuff getting in your eyes.
- This solution can be used on people, animals, clothing, or outdoors where needed. Be careful when applying and don’t let it get into eyes, ears or mouths.
Skunks can carry rabies, take to vet immediately if you find any bleeding or open wounds while washing your pet.