14 Mouth-Watering Ways To Cook Roast Beef
Posted By Tipnut On January 28, 2010 @ 1:09 pm In Recipes | No Comments
This week’s Hit List showcases some of the most delicious, mouth-watering recipes I could find for making roast beef…I am officially STARVING after putting this collection together, lol.
Some of the ingredients and steps are surprisingly basic and simple while others involve a lovely mix of herbs, spices and flavor boosters that you may not have tried yet…each promising to knock your family’s socks off at meal time. Enjoy!
*Ingredients listed are just a sample and not complete
- With Rosemary : You’ll need a quart of stock or broth, fresh rosemary, peeled garlic cloves and corn starch. From Never Enough Thyme.
- Unbelievably Easy : This is rich and flavorful, while still very buttery and tender without actually using any butter! Meat is rubbed with salt and wrapped tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight. The next day it’s covered with a mixture of oil, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, pepper and seared in a hot pan before popping in the oven. I tried it and love it. From Crepes Of Wrath.
- With Caraway and Green Apples : Ingredients include thinly sliced onions, cider vinegar, bay leaves, caraway seeds, packed brown sugar, fresh marjoram, stock, Granny Smith apples (quartered, cored and peeled). From Amateur Gourmet.
- Braised Chuck : By wrapping it in a foil packet you create a true braise: slowly (for 4 hours), completely surrounded by a small amount of liquid, turning this dish into a delicious, tender dream. From The Bakeoff-Flunkie.
- Country-Style With Tomato and Red Wine Gravy : With onions, celery, carrots and the beginnings of a tomato and red wine gravy. From Ezra Pound Cake.
- Horseradish-Crusted : You can use any number of cuts, including rib loin (prime rib), top round or a tied sirloin tip. Deliciously crusted with horseradish and black peppercorns and is perfect hot out of the oven, but it’s also amazing cold on a sandwich: Thinly slice and serve it on white bread with horseradish mayonnaise and juicy tomatoes. From Food And Wine.
- With Mustard & Horseradish Gravy : Can be made in a crockpot but if you don’t have one, just follow the modifications at the end. Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes, along with root vegetables or sauteed greens. From Fine Cooking.
- Sunday Dinner Eye Of Round : You’ll be surprised how simple this is! From Southern Plate.
- Friday Night Brisket : This easy, tender dish of brisket is great Friday night comfort food. From The Kitchn.
- Pot Roast : (boneless chuck) Carrot, celery, sugar, canned low sodium broth and chicken stock, fresh thyme and dry red wine. Serve with boiled new potatoes and glazed carrots. From The Way The Cookie Crumbles.
- Parasol’s Style Po Boy : This isn’t fancy but most authentic in it’s preparation to what you will find in a lot of neighborhood restaurants in New Orleans. From Nola Cuisine.
- Jack-Pot : (boneless chuck) Low-sodium soy sauce, broth, sliced cremini mushrooms, tomato paste, quartered onions, carrots, small potatoes. From Elizabeth’s Edible Experience.
- So Amazing Rub : Paprika, Kosher salt, minced garlic or powder, black pepper, onion powder, Frank’s hot sauce, oregano, basil. From Joyful Abode.
- Mustard : (boneless rib eye) Sea salt flakes, thyme, olive oil, mustard seeds, Dijon, butter. From Nosh.
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/roast-beef-recipes/
URLs in this post:
 With Rosemary: http://www.lanascooking.com/2009/10/19/pot-roast-with-rosemary-and-garlic/
 Unbelievably Easy: http://crepesofwrath.net/2009/12/23/unbelievably-easy-roast-beef/
 With Caraway and Green Apples: http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2009/11/pot_roast.html
 Braised Chuck: http://bakeoff-flunkie.blogspot.com/2009/12/braised-beef-chuck-roast.html
 Country-Style With Tomato and Red Wine Gravy: http://www.ezrapoundcake.com/archives/4270
 Horseradish-Crusted: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/horseradish-crusted-roast-beef
 With Mustard & Horseradish Gravy: http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/slow-cooked-pot-roast-mustard-horseradish-gravy.aspx
 Sunday Dinner Eye Of Round: http://www.southernplate.com/2008/09/sunday-dinner-eye-of-round.html
 Friday Night Brisket: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-friday-night-slowcooked-45437
 Pot Roast: http://www.crumblycookie.net/2009/02/15/pot-roast/
 Parasol’s Style Po Boy: http://www.nolacuisine.com/2009/07/21/parasols-style-roast-beef-po-boy-recipe/
 Jack-Pot: http://elizabethsedibleexperience.blogspot.com/2009/10/jack-pot-roast.html
 So Amazing Rub: http://www.joyfulabode.com/2008/01/05/so-amazing-roast-beef/
 Mustard: http://reecenosh.blogspot.ca/2009/01/mustard-roast-beef-recipe-courtesy.html
Click here to print.