Peppers Are Roasted So Their Skins Can Be Removed Easily
- Preheat the oven on broil.
- Wash and cut peppers into halves or quarters and remove seeds and membrane (you can also roast them whole).
- Lay them on a baking sheet (skins side up) and place in the oven on top rack.
- Watch the peppers and turn them as they start turning black (for whole peppers), remove when outer skin has been blackened.
- Place the hot pepper pieces into a large bowl and seal with a lid or plastic wrap. Allow peppers to cool for about 15 minutes then remove the skins once cool enough to handle. If roasting whole peppers, slice open and remove seeds and membranes.
The roasted peppers are now ready to add to your recipe!
- Seal the roasted peppers in freezer bags and store in the freezer until needed.
- Cover with olive oil and keep refrigerated, use within a few days.