Save cuttings from strawberries (leaves, tops) to make this treatment for clearer skin.
1/4 cup strawberry cuttings
1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Pour water over leaves in a glass bowl and cover. Steep for 2 hours.
- Strain and pour into a clean jar, seal with a lid and refrigerate.
Wash with this twice daily (morning & bedtime). You could also soak a cloth in it, heat then apply to face once a day. This recipe can help with acne and pimples too.
More Pantry Treatments:
- Olive oil can effectively remove eye makeup (use cold pressed extra virgin). See this page  for more tips.
- Pour a bit of sesame oil on a cotton ball and wipe gently across eye lids to remove waterproof mascara.
- Bring shine to hair with a bit of honey. Mix 1 tsp of honey into 1 quart of warm water and use as a rinse after shampooing. Do not wash out and style as usual. See more ideas here .
- Brighten a smile with two simple ingredients. First mash a fresh strawberry and add about a tsp of baking soda. Spread on toothbrush and rub onto teeth. After a couple minutes brush clean. Eating apples (bite into apples, don’t eat in pieces) is also a natural way to whiten teeth. Because the fruit is naturally acidic, don’t use this method more than once a week to protect teeth from damage.
- For healthy nails and cuticles, regularly soak them in olive oil for 30 minutes (more tips found here ).
- Dab cooled brewed tea onto face as an astringent, good for pimple control.
- Gently apply egg whites to puffy bags underneath eyes, allow to dry then rinse off.
- Exfoliate with a paste of baking soda and water.
- Massage plain yogurt into scalp and leave for 15 minutes. Will help with itchy scalp and dandruff. Also see this page .
- Lemon juice can remove dark patches around elbows. Apply to area and wash away after 20 minutes. Do daily until discoloration disappears.
- Tighten pores and shrink large pores by mixing table salt and buttermilk into a paste. Massage into skin. Rinse off. Repeat twice a day (morning and night) until results are satisfactory.
- Facial Moisturizer: Rub the inside of an avocado peel on face, lightly massaging skin. Leave for 15 minutes then wash off, pat dry. Check out more facials here .