Here’s a Hit List that is primed for the grilling season and features over a dozen tasty steak marinade recipes to try. In my home experimenting with new ingredients is almost a sport where my husband and I like to compete and sneak in a “secret” twist (may the best cook win!).
The ideas below are easy to prepare, many with simple ingredients while others offer something a little more fancy to try. Enjoy!
- Bock Beer : A bottle of Shiner Bock beer (or your favorite dark beer), garlic, diced red onion, Worcestershire, Tabasco, juice of 2 limes, packed brown sugar, coarse brown mustard, olive oil and salt. From Texas Beef Council.
- Easy & Perfect : Italian salad dressing, Worcestershire, BBQ sauce, garlic pepper seasoning. From CurvyGirl Guide.
- Chimichurri : Red wine vinegar, Kosher salt, garlic cloves, finely chopped shallot, Fresno chile or red jalapeno, minced fresh cilantro, flat-leaf parsley, fresh oregano, extra-virgin olive oil. From Epicurious.
- Weidner’s : Soy sauce, Worcestershire, olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, freshly minced ginger, garlic, crushed red pepper and coffee grounds. From Bev Cooks.
- Gluten-Free : Balsamic vinaigrette, Worcestershire, extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic. From The Peaceful Mom.
- White Wine : Dijon mustard, white wine, olive oil, sliced shallot and fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth. From MyRecipes.
- With Garlic & Ginger Puree : Ingredients include rice vinegar, oyster sauce, soy sauce, mirin, garlic puree, ginger puree and honey. From Tired & Inspired.
- Seasoned : Sweet Italian Seasoning dressing, salad or canola oil, garlic, Heinz 57, Worcestershire, seasoned salt, balsamic vinegar, lemon pepper, Italian parsley, red onion (sliced thin), fresh thyme, basil, oregano and chives. From Virtually Cooks.
- Southwestern : Garlic cloves, chipotle puree, a large handful of cilantro, olive oil, Kosher or sea salt, minced fresh rosemary, zest and juice of lime, rosemary, orange juice, fresh cracked pepper, minced shallots. From The Meat And Potatoes Foodie.
- Tastiest : Soy sauce, sesame oil, green onions, sugar, minced garlic, sesame seeds, dry mustard, white vinegar, ground pepper. From Elra.
- Beer & Brown Sugar : Seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, dark beer, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar. From Food & Garden Dailies.
- Ginger-Soy : Roughly chopped garlic cloves, red onion, ginger, olive oil, dark soy sauce, red wine vinegar, red chile flakes and a handful of parsley. From New York Cork Report.
- Best : Vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, brown mustard, ground black pepper, garlic powder, sliced onions. From A Pookie Pantry.
- Garlic-Thyme : Olive oil, smashed and coarsely chopped garlic, fresh thyme leaves, coarse salt and pepper. From Martha Stewart.
Here’s one that I previously posted on Tipnut and moved here for better organization…
1 1/2 cups salad oil
3/4 cup soya sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh)
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup wine
2 TBS crushed garlic cloves
2 TBS dry mustard
1 TBS pepper
1 1/2 tsp parsley flakes (dry)
2 1/2 tsp salt
Directions: Mix all ingredients together and use. Keep refrigerated.
Freezing Tip: When partitioning up bulk meat buys to stash in the freezer, store some meal-sized portions in ziploc bags, pour your favorite marinade over the meat then freeze. Try to stack them flat and even in the freezer so that as they thaw, the marinade is able to cover the meat evenly.