14 Ways To Make Stuffed Pork Chops
I had always considered stuffed meat a little more decadent and special but came to realize that with the right ingredients, it can actually be a budget saver too! It stretches the amount served per person and where one pork chop may not be enough, a single one stuffed can be quite filling and more than sufficient.
Depending on what you make, some ingredients may be pretty pricey, but you often don’t need much or you may have enough unused from another dish that it’s a great way to cook them up before they go bad. Regardless of the potential money savings, these are delicious, satisfying and there are so many different ways you can make them.
Today’s Recipe Hit List is a nice collection of recipes that I’ve handpicked from around the ‘net…some filled with cornbread, herbed mix, and bread cubes or crumbs while others filled with fruits, spinach, cheese, etc. Lots to choose from, it will be hard to pick just one .
- Savory: Made with dried currants, toasted fresh bread crumbs, minced fresh oregano, toasted pine nuts, olive oil. From Williams-Sonoma.
- Season’s Best: Made with celery, onion, butter, dry bread cubes, small apple (shredded), cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, apple juice, chicken broth, salt, pepper. From Midwest Living.
- Sweet & Sour: Ingredients include crushed pineapple, celery, butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, corn bread. From Campbell’s Kitchen.
- Raisin & Bread: Ingredients include cubed whole-wheat sandwich bread, raisins, parsley, melted butter, light-brown sugar and seasonings. From Martha Stewart.
- Cheesy Vegetable: Ingredients include butter or margarine, celery, onion, shredded carrot, chopped green bell pepper, shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, thyme leaves and seasonings. From Betty Crocker.
- Pear: Ingredients include margarine or butter, ripe pears, red onion, herb-seasoned stuffing mix. From Delish.
- Mushroom: Made with dried porcini mushrooms, mixed fresh mushrooms (shiitake, portobello, cremini, white mushrooms), olive oil, onion, fresh bread crumbs, seasonings, chicken broth. From Redbook Magazine.
- Corn Bread & Bacon: Made with sliced bacon, onion, green bell pepper, corn bread crumbs, shredded Cheddar cheese and seasonings. From Betty Crocker.
- With Apple Thyme Pan Sauce: Made with unsalted butter, rye bread, diced onion, diced celery, diced dried apples, fresh thyme leaves, chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. From A Sweet Pea Chef.
- Manchego with Roasted Red Pepper-Pepita Sauce: Made with manchego cheese, pepitas, sliced roasted red peppers, balsamic vinegar and seasonings. From Elly Says Opa!
- Sun Dried Tomatoes & Spinach: Made with minced garlic, diced sun-dried tomatoes, frozen spinach (thawed), goat cheese, reduced-fat cream cheese, chicken broth, zested lemon, lemon juice, dijon mustard and seasonings. From We Are Not Martha.
- Prosciutoo, Mozzarella & Sage: Pan seared then finished in the oven. Ingredients include sage leaves, mozzarella, prosciutto, olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper. From The Hungry Mouse.
- Blue Cheese, Red Peppers & Spinach: Made with brown sugar, crumbled blue cheese, frozen spinach (thawed), roasted red pepper and melted butter. From What’s Cookin, Chicago?
- Peaches & Currants: Made with canned peaches, sage, olive oil, butter, currants, an egg, stuffing and seasonings. From The Merlin Menu.